Microsoft SQL Server - An Introduction (2018 edition)
- No knowledge of SQL Server at all is needed.
- You need to know how to use a computer, and ideally how to open a spreadsheet.
- This is a free course - you have nothing to lose!
- Why not have a look at the curriculum below and see what you can learn? If you already know this information, then please see my other courses.
This course is a brief presentation of SQL Server.
We will install a version of SQL Server Express for free, install it, and create a database and table.
We'll also add some data and retrieve it.
We'll then look at the SELECT statement with its 6 main clauses (SELECT, FROM, WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING and ORDER BY).
Following this, we'll create SQL Views and Procedures, connect it to Excel, and have a brief look at SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) and backup and restore a database.
No prior knowledge is required - just a willingness to learn.
See you on the course.
Who this course is for:
- This beginner's course is for you if you want to learn about SQL Server and the various programs.
- If you have already heard about SQL Server, and wish to learn more about T-SQL, then please have a look at my courses.
- 00:35Welcome to Udemy
- 02:00Introduction to Udemy
- 00:43Which version to install?
Phillip is a Computing Consultant providing expert services in the development of computer systems and data analysis. He is a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist. He has also been certified as a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert for Business Intelligence, Microsoft Office 2010 Master, and as a Microsoft Project 2013 Specialist.
He enjoys investigating data, which allows him to maintain up to date and pro-active systems to help control and monitor day-to-day activities. He has also developed expertise and programmes to catalogue and process and control electronic data, large quantities of paper or electronic data for structured analysis and investigation.
He is one of 9 award winning Experts for Experts Exchange's 11th Annual Expert Awards and was one of Expert Exchange's top 10 experts for the first quarter of year 2015.
His interests are working with data, including Microsoft Excel, Access and SQL Server.