How to Manage Projects Effectively with Microsoft Project
What you'll learn
- Learn how to create a task list a simple and effective way to organize your work and track your progress.
- Learn how to save baselines for your project and compare them with the current status.
- Learn how Linked tasks work to show the dependencies between different tasks in a project.
- Learn how to create and manage resources and assign them to tasks.
- Learn how to track the progress and performance of your project using various indicators and metrics.
- Learn how to link your Project file to an Excel workbook and share it with stakeholders who do not use Project.
- Learn how to generate and customize reports that summarize the key information and insights from your project.
- Learn how to identify and calculate the lead and lag times of a project.
- Identify the types and sources of resources needed for a project - Apply best practices for resource planning and allocation
- No requirements
If you are looking for a comprehensive and practical training on Microsoft Project, this course is for you. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced user, you will learn how to use this powerful tool to plan, execute, monitor and control your projects effectively.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Create and customize project plans, calendars, tasks, resources and costs
- Apply best practices for project scheduling, estimation and risk management
- Use various views, reports and dashboards to track and communicate project progress and status
- Integrate Microsoft Project with other Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders using SharePoint and Project Online
- Manage multiple projects and portfolios using Project Server or Project Online
By the end of this course, you will have the skills and confidence to manage any project using Microsoft Project. You will also receive a certificate of completion and earn PDUs for your professional development.
The course Outline is listed below:
¨ Project Overview
¨ Activating the View Bar
¨ Navigating the Ribbon
¨ Enabling the Entry Bar
¨ Understanding Table views
¨ Other Views
¨ Calendar view
¨ Network view and management
¨ Gantt Chart view
¨ Task Usage view
¨ Tracking Gantt Resource Sheet
¨ Resource Graph view
¨ Resource Usage view
¨ Creating a New Project
¨ Scheduling Tasks
¨ Create Recurring Tasks
¨ Editing Tasks
¨ Printing Tasks
¨ Creating Deadlines and Constraints
¨ Working with Timelines
¨ Exporting to Excel
¨ Multiple Projects
¨ Defining Duration Units
¨ Working with Calendar
¨ Adjusting the working day
¨ Setting working time
¨ Linking Tasks and link types
¨ Editing Links
¨ Dependency Relationships
¨ General Formatting
¨ Changing Timescales
¨ Editing Gridlines
¨ Printing Different Views
¨ Assigning Resources and Costs
¨ Resolving Over allocation of Resources
¨ Using the Filters in tables
¨ Reports/creating new reports
¨ Creating Custom Views
¨ Saving Baselines and Tracking
¨ Task Types - fixed unit, Fixed duration, fixed work
¨ Use Formulae to customise columns
¨ Custom Fields
¨ Custom Tables/Views
Who this course is for:
- Project managers, project workers any one that runs or manages Projects and requires a tool to help
- Beginner to advanced
I am a Microsoft Office, Project and Visio trainer with over twenty two years experience. Delivering training sessions to over fifteen thousand delegates. I am based in the UK and have been working as a trainer for IT's Easy Training for the whole twenty two years. Excel courses provide about 46% of all training that I do, followed by Microsoft Project and Access. Word, Visio, PowerPoint and Publisher courses fill the rest of my time but less frequently than the top three subjects. I love to learn new features and always try to make my courses relevant to business practise. I support all my delegates via email and try to keep in touch through blog posts and email updates.