Microsoft Project Introduction: Get to Grips with MS Project
What you'll learn
- Our PROJECT INTRODUCTION course gives you the tools and skills to manage your projects simply and effectively
- The course has its own workbook with exercises – downloadable within the first “General Introduction” module – so you are able to practice and reinforce what you have learned
- You will learn how to use the interface, create and format a Project Plan, assign resources, use Gantt Charts and track progress, as well as understand the process and goals of Project Management
- Introduction to Microsoft Project - Starting Microsoft Project - Identify Project Components - Open, Create and Save a Project - Getting Help in Project - Setting Project Options - Setting Non-Working Time
- Creating a Project Plan - Setting Manual/Auto Scheduling Modes - Entering Tasks and Durations - Adding Task Dependencies - Adding Constraints and Deadlines - Adding Recurring Tasks
- Adding and Assigning Resources - Create a Pool of Resources - Adjust Resource Calendars and Costs - Assign Resources to Tasks
- Formatting and Printing the Plan - Formatting Text & Text Styles - Formatting the Gantt Chart - Printing the Gantt Chart - Running Project Reports
- Tracking Progress - Saving the Baseline - Updating Tasks - Displaying Progress Lines and Tracking Filters
- Terms and Definitions - Goals of Project Management - Process of Project Management - The Role of the Project Manager
- You don't need any knowledge of Microsoft Project: all you need is a good understanding of how Microsoft Windows works.
- Some knowledge of, or experience in project management would also help you but isn’t essential.
- If you want to do the exercises we provide, you'll need a copy of MS Project on your computer (any version from 2010 is fine).
Are you looking for a great way to manage your projects as easily as possible?
Whether you’re a new Microsoft Project user who wants a solid foundation, or an existing user who’d like a combined “best practice” refresher, this course is a great skills enhancer and provides a reference for whatever you may want in the future!
With every ZandaX Microsoft course, you get a workbook and exercises (downloadable from the short “General Introduction” module at the start of each course). These are a great addition because they enable you to practice the skills you learn.
Our Microsoft instructors are seasoned professionals - they don't just know the software: they've used it commercially and taught it in a classroom environment for years. You won't be in better hands!
And we don’t woffle! Do you want to sit through hours of over-explaining before you get the knowledge you need? We doubt it! So we make sure that everything is covered in easy-to-follow video lessons, and we get to the point so you make the best use of your time.
The course teaches you:
Opening, Creating and Saving a Project
Creating a Project Plan
Adding and Assigning Resources
Formatting, Using and Printing the Gantt Chart
Goals and Process of Project Management
Each lecture is self-contained, so you don’t need to sit through them all: once you’re at a comfortable level, you’ll be able to use this as your reference library, where you can select what you want to view.
The course is aimed at anyone who wants to get to know how to use Microsoft Project in the shortest possible time.
Upon completion (and with a little practice…) you will be able to use MS Project to create, track and control projects so you get great results more easily than you have ever done.
We’ll say it again: don’t forget the course workbooks and exercises – downloadable with the first “General Introduction” module at the start of each course – which really enhance and deepen your learning. Remember that practice makes perfect!
So this course is genuinely much more than just a set of talk-through videos. We don’t think you’ll find better value, so why not enrol with us now?
Who this course is for:
- You may be new to Microsoft Project and want to get to grips with the software in the shortest possible time.
- Or you could be an existing user who may want to clarify a few hazy areas, or even unlearn some bad habits!
- After the course, you’ll have a solid grasp of the software – with the course as a great resource you can refer back to – and be able to start using MS Project to set up, manage and control your projects.
The team at ZandaX provides English language online courses for personal development, management and Microsoft software. We share a passion for getting results, and our reason for working is simple: to help people to improve their skills - and their lives too ...
The development team here have many years of training industry experience, both in classroom and virtual environments, so they know what you need in a course to be able to get the most from it.
Our Microsoft instructors don't just know the software: they've used it commercially and taught it in a classroom environment. You won't be in better hands.
Our business and soft skills presenters have been chosen for their clarity and professionalism in getting the message across. You'll be engaged as well as educated.
Our management skills course creators are professionals with years of experience in the role, and have progressed through the ranks from novice supervisors through to senior management and director roles. Because of this, the courses give you clear, concise and knowledgeable advice, with proven techniques for success.
Our ethos is to provide courses that are comprehensive but compact, where you can get all you need in a manageable time. We feel that too many online courses today aren't focused. They often say so much that it's hard to find the important stuff. Who wants to sit through 20 hours of chat that takes forever to get to the point, when what you need can be covered in a targeted, structured course?
Remember Mark Twain, who said "I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead." He meant that it's harder to be brief, to distill messages to their core. But it's worth the effort, and we work hard so you can be spared the job of having to do it yourself.
And each course comes with workbooks and exercises that help you to take your learning as far as you need. We want you to improve your skills, and we give you the tools to do just that.
This means that when you buy one of our courses, you'll see that every one is thoroughly researched, but it's also concise and easy-to-follow too. There's no padding or time wasted.
You'll also see that our courses are 100% original: we take the best of others, add our own ideas, then build them from scratch. You'll only get a ZandaX course from ZandaX!
So try us and see: we're sure you'll love what we do!