Microsoft Project : How to Build a Detailed Project Plan
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build a Functional Project Plan
- Navigate fluently throughout Microsoft Project
- Analyze and Interpret a Project Plan
- Get Clear Concise Steps - Straight to the Point - without the waffle
- This training is suitable for Beginners through to experienced users of Microsoft Project who want to know how to build a functional project plan and Get more out of the software
- No prior project management knowledge required
- Microsoft Project 2016 or 2013 or 2010 installed
- For best results, perform the same steps as the video
Learn to Build a Detailed Project Plan that is Fully Linked, Fully Resourced and Fully Costed in MICROSOFT PROJECT so you can build Robust Project Programs that Lead your Projects to Success.
You will receive a Step by Step “Practical Workout" in building a project program from ground up so you can apply your skills immediately and Understand how a project schedule should look and operate.
- Get Clear Concise Steps - Straight to the Point - without the waffle.
I'll show you a systematic process of building a project plan that maximizes the potential of Microsoft Project and helps you streamline the day to day running of the project.
This training is suitable for Beginners through to Experienced users of Microsoft Project who want to gain more out of the software. I'll illustrate my approach of building a detailed project plan that leads to maximum functionality of Microsoft Project. This approach works for any project of any size in any industry.
The Practical Workout
We start from a blank project and work through a step-by-step approach to building a Gantt Chart (a visual timeline that is logically linked). I'll point out ways to utilize the features in Microsoft Project to increase your fluency with the software.
By the end of the course, you will have a functional project plan with skills that can be applied immediately. You will have the knowledge to :-
- Build a detailed project plan
- Fully Linked
- Fully Resourced
- Fully Costed
- Extract the information you need from your plan to help you manage your project. Including:-
- How Long the project takes
- How Much the project costs
- Know when your team are required and what they are doing
- Extract their work packages
- Use the tool to Communicate your plan clearly to team members
- Align the Client and the team with project expectations
- Look Ahead at Upcoming Work
Stand out from the crowd and you start using Microsoft Project like a professional!
- Project Manager
- Site Supervisor
- Site Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Project Engineer
- Contracts Administrator
- Business Manager
Welcome Let's get started to building great project plans in Microsoft Project. Here is a preview of what you can expect to gain from the training,
Welcome and Congratulations!
Which version of Microsoft Project are you using? 2010 or 2013
Run through these Options settings in Microsoft Project to setup the software and make it easier to use.
Why do we build a Project Plan? What is it we want to get from our plan?
Brett Anderson presents Microsoft Project Comprehensive to Maximize your Potential with Microsoft Project
- Find the true Critical Path of a Project and how to apply this knowledge
- Manage overallocated Resources
- Follow the correct methods to Track your project!
- Customize the presentation of the Gantt Chart
- 5 Checkpoint - Project Integrity Checklist