Microsoft Project Advanced: Top Level Project Management
What you'll learn
- Our PROJECT ADVANCED course gives you the tools and skills to use MS Project to enhance your control of the projects you manage
- The course has its own workbook & exercises – downloadable in the first General Introduction module – so you can practice and reinforce what you have learned
- You'll learn how to use Excel with Project, manage delays and over allocation problems, work with multiple projects, customize Project & create your own reports
- Importing & Exporting Data - Import Project Data from Excel - Export Project Data to Excel - Creating Custom Export Maps
- Advanced Project Options - Setting Non-Working Time - Setting Scheduling Options - Using the Organiser - Customizing the Project Ribbon
- Advanced Resource Assignment - Task Entry View - Allocating Overtime/Setting Delays - Solving Over Allocation Problems - Using Projects Automatic Levelling
- Working with Multiple Projects - Creating a Resource Pool - Creating Consolidated Projects
- Customizing Microsoft Project - Creating Custom Fields - Creating Custom Tables - Creating Custom Views - Creating Custom Filters
- Creating Reports - Using Built in Visual Report Templates - Editing a Visual Report in Excel - Creating Custom Chart Reports - Creating Custom Table Reports
- You should have a good working knowledge and understanding of the concepts covered in the Introduction course
- If you want to do the exercises we provide, you'll need a copy of MS Project] on your computer (any version from 2010 is fine)
Do you want to use MS Project to its full capacity to support your projects to the maximum?
Whether you’re an existing user of MS Project who wants to get more out of the software, or an existing high level user who’d like a “best practice” refresher, this course is a great skills enhancer and provides a reference for whatever you may want in the future!
With every ZandaX Microsoft course, you get a workbook and exercises (downloadable from the short “General Introduction” module at the start of each course). These are a great addition because they enable you to practice the skills you learn.
Our Microsoft instructors are seasoned professionals - they don't just know the software: they've used it commercially and taught it in a classroom environment for years. You won't be in better hands!
And we don’t woffle! Do you want to sit through hours of over-explaining before you get the knowledge you need? We doubt it! So we make sure that everything is covered in easy-to-follow video lessons, and we get to the point so you make the best use of your time.
You’ll learn a lot in the course, but some of the major topics include:
Importing & Exporting Data (Excel in particular)
Setting Non-Working Time and Scheduling Options
Allocating Overtime/Setting Delays/Solving Over Allocation Problems
Working with Multiple Projects
Creating Custom Fields, Tables, Views & Filters
Creating Reports with Visual Templates, Custom Charts and Tables
Each lecture is self-contained, so you don’t need to sit through them all: once you’re at a comfortable level, you’ll be able to use this as your reference library, where you can select what you want to view.
The course is aimed at existing users of Microsoft Project who want to take advantage of what the package can offer to improve their skills as a project manager.
Upon completion (and with a little practice…) you will be able to control and manage your projects better, and with less effort, than ever before.
We’ll say it again: don’t forget the course workbooks and exercises – downloadable with the first “General Introduction” module at the start of each course – which really enhance and deepen your learning. Remember that practice makes perfect!
So this course is genuinely much more than just a set of talk-through videos. We don’t think you’ll find better value, so why not enrol with us now?
Who this course is for:
- You may have a good basic understanding of Microsoft Project and want to improve your skills in using the software at a higher level.
- Or you could be an existing and proficient user who wants a "refresher" to clarify a few hazy areas, or even unlearn some bad habits!
- After the course, you’ll have a solid grasp of the software at an Advanced level – with the course as a great resource you can refer back to – and be able to use MS Project to achieve even better results in managing your projects.
The team at ZandaX provides English language online courses for personal development, management and Microsoft software. We share a passion for getting results, and our reason for working is simple: to help people to improve their skills - and their lives too ...
The development team here have many years of training industry experience, both in classroom and virtual environments, so they know what you need in a course to be able to get the most from it.
Our Microsoft instructors don't just know the software: they've used it commercially and taught it in a classroom environment. You won't be in better hands.
Our business and soft skills presenters have been chosen for their clarity and professionalism in getting the message across. You'll be engaged as well as educated.
Our management skills course creators are professionals with years of experience in the role, and have progressed through the ranks from novice supervisors through to senior management and director roles. Because of this, the courses give you clear, concise and knowledgeable advice, with proven techniques for success.
Our ethos is to provide courses that are comprehensive but compact, where you can get all you need in a manageable time. We feel that too many online courses today aren't focused. They often say so much that it's hard to find the important stuff. Who wants to sit through 20 hours of chat that takes forever to get to the point, when what you need can be covered in a targeted, structured course?
Remember Mark Twain, who said "I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead." He meant that it's harder to be brief, to distill messages to their core. But it's worth the effort, and we work hard so you can be spared the job of having to do it yourself.
And each course comes with workbooks and exercises that help you to take your learning as far as you need. We want you to improve your skills, and we give you the tools to do just that.
This means that when you buy one of our courses, you'll see that every one is thoroughly researched, but it's also concise and easy-to-follow too. There's no padding or time wasted.
You'll also see that our courses are 100% original: we take the best of others, add our own ideas, then build them from scratch. You'll only get a ZandaX course from ZandaX!
So try us and see: we're sure you'll love what we do!