Microsoft Excel: Starter Guide
- Be able to download and install Microsoft Office / Excel.
This free class is meant for those who need Excel training from the very beginning. I will help you build confidence in using Excel to its full potential and provide you with the skills to navigate Excel efficiently. By the end of the course, you will be able to use Excel for a variety of decision making scenarios. Excel is one of the most powerful software tools ever built. It is just as effective at keeping a grocery list as it is at crunching numbers for a Fortune 500 business. You will immediately create value for your own organization or your employer by learning the Excel skills taught in this class. I hope you enjoy it.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Excel users who want a step-by-step guide to build confidence with the software.
- 04:15Opening Excel and creating a new sheet
- 02:09Saving Excel files
- 02:55The important file types
- 02:33The formula bar
- 04:35Adding, Modifying, and Deleting data in cells
- 01:59Creating a new workbook
- 03:55Develop the habit of using file... save as
- 14:18The important data types
I am an entrepreneurship professor at Florida Gulf Coast University. My educational background includes an MBA from Eastern Illinois University and Ph.D. in Entrepreneurship from Oklahoma State University. My professional experience is in healthcare analytics and one of my passions is using software to optimize productivity. I joined Udemy as an instructor to make my class content more accessible for my students and the online learning community. My teaching style is to go slow through material and thoroughly cover every topic. Skip over the content you have mastered, and enjoy the rest.