Microsoft Excel for Scientists and Engineers
What you'll learn
- Creating Charts: an XY scatter graph, XY chart with two Y-Axes, add error bars to your plot, create a combination chart
- Using Functions: Computing Sum, Average, Count, Max and Min, Computing Weighted Average, Trigonometric Functions, Exponential Functions, CONVERT Function...
- Conditional Functions: Logical Expressions, Boolean Functions, IF Function, Creating a Quadratic Equation Solver, Table VLOOKUP Function
- Regression Analysis: Trendline, Interpolation and Forecast, The LINEST Function, Multilinear Regression, Polynomial Fit Functions, Residuals Plot
- Iterative Solutions Using Excel: Using Goal Seek in Excel, Using The Solver To Find Roots, Finding Multiple Roots, Optimization Using The Solver, Minimization
- Matrix Operations Using Excel: Adding, Multiplying by a Scalar, Multiplying Two Matrices, Transposing, Inverting and Solving System of Linear Equations.
- VBA User-Defined Functions (UDF): The IF Structure, Select Case, For Next, Do Loop, Declaring Variables and Data Types, The Excel Object Model, For Each Next
- VBA Subroutines or Macros: Recording a Macro, Coding a Macro Finding Roots by Bisection, Using Arrays, Adding a Control and Creating User Forms.
- Numerical Integration Using Excel: The Rectangle Rule, The Trapezoid Rule, The Simpson's Rule, Creating a User-Defined Function Using the Simpson's Rule.
- Differential Equations: Euler's Method, Modified Euler's Method, The Runge Kutta Method, Solving a Second Order Differential Equation.
- Basic understanding of the Excel Interface.
- Statistics, Calculus, Differential Equations and Numerical Methods.
Master Microsoft Excel for Scientists & Engineers: Efficient Data Analysis, Charting, Regression, VBA, and More
This course in Microsoft Excel 2016 is designed specifically for professionals in science and engineering, aimed at optimizing your data analysis skills and improving efficiency. With exercises tailored to essential Excel features, you'll gain the knowledge you need to excel in your field.
Key topics include:
Charting: Create XY scatter graphs, dual Y-Axis charts, error bars, and combination charts.
Functions: Compute Sum, Average, Count, Max, Min, Weighted Average, Trigonometric Functions, Exponential Functions, and Unit Conversion.
Conditional Functions: Logical Expressions, Boolean Functions, IF Function, Quadratic Equation Solver, VLOOKUP, AND, OR, XOR.
Regression Analysis: Trendline, Slope, Intercept, Interpolation, Forecast, LINEST, Multilinear Regression, Polynomial Fit, Residuals Plot, Analysis ToolPack.
Iterative Solutions: Goal Seek, Solver for Roots, Multiple Roots, Optimization, Minimization Analysis, NonLinear Regression.
Matrix Operations: Matrix Addition, Multiplication, Transpose, Inversion, and Solving Linear Equations.
VBA User-Defined Functions (UDF): Visual Basic Editor (VBE), IF Structure, Select Case, For Next, Do Loop, Variables, Data Types, Array Functions, Excel Object Model.
VBA Subroutines/Macros: Macro Recording, Coding, Finding Roots by Bisection, Arrays, Controls, User Forms.
Numerical Integration: Rectangle Rule, Trapezoid Rule, Simpson's Rule, UDF using Simpson's Rule.
Differential Equations: Euler's Method, Modified Euler's Method, Runge Kutta Method, Solving Second Order Differential Equations.
By the end of this course, you will have enhanced your data analysis capabilities and harnessed the power of Excel for scientific and engineering applications.
Enroll now for a rewarding learning experience and master Microsoft Excel for scientists and engineers!
Who this course is for:
- People in the fields of science and engineering
Samer is currently a Professor of Mechanical Engineering. He has ten years of teaching experience in thermo-fluid courses which include:
3-Internal Combustion Engines
6-Power Plant Engineering
8-Computational Fluid Dynamics CFD
Moreover, Prof. Samer is involved in a wide research projects in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Fluid-Structure Interaction and numerical simulations applied to multi-functional heat exchangers/reactors. Prof. Samer has authored and co-authored several highly cited journal publications, conferences in the aforementioned topics.