Microsoft Excel for Mac - From Beginner to Expert in 7 Hours
- 8 hours on-demand video
- 79 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn the most current version of Microsoft Excel for APPLE MAC
- Learn from a Microsoft Certified Master Instructor with over 15 years of experience teaching individuals of all ability levels
- From the fundamentals, to the most advanced features, this training covers everything you need to know about Excel
- Presented with high-quality video lectures, this Excel course will visually show you how to easily do everything in Excel
- Lifetime access to this Excel class allows you to easily review material and continue learning new material
- Excel Project Files and Excel Templates are included allowing for enhanced learning through hands-on activities
- After taking this training, you will be an expert at Microsoft Excel
- Money Back Guarantee - Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Money Back
- In order to participate in the hands-on portions of this course, you will need to have Microsoft Excel.
This course is for the benefit of everyone. If financial constraints prevent you from enrolling, simply send me a message and I will give you access to all of my courses for free.
This training provides you everything you need to know about Microsoft Excel. From the fundamentals, to the most advanced features, after taking this online class you will be able to use Microsoft Excel at an expert level.
You can learn Microsoft Excel easily and quickly if it is taught correctly. Developed by a Microsoft Certified Master Instructor, this course covers the most recent version of Microsoft Excel for the Mac - Microsoft Excel 2011. As tenured college faculty in computer information technology, and with over fifteen years of experience teaching individuals of all ability levels "how to use" Microsoft Excel, Todd McLeod has designed, refined, and perfected a method for understanding Excel which will allow you to learn what you need to know about Microsoft Excel as quickly and efficiently as possible.
With over five hours of video, you will learn all of the following about Microsoft Excel:
- Learn how to navigate around Excel
- Learn how to enter and edit data in Excel
- Learn how to adjust the way data and information are displayed in Excel
- Learn how to write formulas quickly and easily with the point-and-click method
- Learn how to use relative, absolute, and mixed references in Excel
- Learn how to create powerful calculations with Excel functions
- Learn how to visually represent your data with charts and graphs in Excel
- Learn how to use Excel data tools like sorting, subtotaling, and filtering
- Learn how to "freeze columns and rows" with freeze panes in Excel
- Learn how to remove duplicates from data in Excel
- Learn how to "transpose data" - switching the columns and rows in Excel
- Learn how to use Excel to leverage data with Pivot Tables & Pivot Charts
- Learn how to format worksheets in Excel for impact and appeal
- Learn how to automate Excel tasks with time-saving macros
- Learn how to integrate Microsoft Excel with Microsoft Word
- Learn how to use passwords in Excel to protect your work in multiple scenarios
- Learn tips and tricks about Excel, as well as Excel secrets and shortcuts
- Learn how to use printing and sharing in Excel
- Learn how to harvest data from the web
- Learn how to create online forms which allow you to gather data from individuals
- Learn how to use templates to quickly create stunning spreadsheets
- As a bonus, you can download all of the Excel project files used in the videos so that you can get a “hands-on” approach to learning the material
This class is guaranteed to teach you Microsoft Excel. Once enrolled, you will have access to this Excel course for the rest of your life. You will always be able to come back to this Excel class to review material or to learn new material about how to use Excel. Described as “fun” and “amazing” and “life changing,” Todd McLeod’s Excel training will forever transform the way you work with numbers. Try this course for yourself and see how quickly and easily you too can learn Microsoft Excel.
- From beginners, to advanced users, this course is perfect for all ability levels
- Lifetime access to this Excel training allows you to come back to review material or learn more about MS Excel
Welcome! Since 1997, I have been teaching people of all ability levels to use Microsoft Excel. I am tenured faculty in Computer Information Technology at a community college in Fresno, California. Through experience, I have learned the best ways to teach people how to us MS Excel. This course will teach you how to use MS Excel on the Mac. I am glad you're hear and look forward to helping you quickly become a master of Microsoft Excel.
Most people don't know this - you can receive great discounts on computers and software by searching for "academic discounts" or "student pricing." This video will show you how to get Microsoft Office at a great discount!
What is the most current version of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel? This video will show you how to determine the most current versions. This video will also explain differences in versions.
Adjusting settings on videos can improve the video quality and make the video more clear. Many video players allow you to not only adjust the video quality, but also the speed at which the video is playing. Learning about these settings will allow you to adjust videos so that you can watch them in the method that best suits your needs.
You love Excel. You are an Excel maniac. You're about to begin a lifelong love-affair with data crunching and numbers and Excel. This is it right here, baby, your first glance at the amazing wondrous soon to be realized love of your life.
Cell addresses, writing formulas, understanding relative references, creating relative references, using autofill - this video is going to show you so many amazing things, you will need a cigarette afterwards ....
AB$OLUTE REFERENCES allow you to create amazing formulas which always reference the same cell or cells. Learn how to create formulas with absolute references. Learn the difference between absolute references and relative references. Watch this video!!! Watch it now. Watch it again. Watch it many times!!!
Learn how to easily use incredibly complex functions in Microsoft Excel. This video will teach you how to appear like an amazing genius. Even if you already are an amazing genius, this video will take your amazing genius qualities to the nth level. This video will show you the differences between formulas and functions. It will also show you how to easily use functions.
Let's apply what we've been learning in an actual project. Using many of the skills learned so far, I will show you how to calculate your grade in a course. I will also show you resources for learning more about the differences between the "points" method and the "percentage" method when calculating a student's grade. And not only that, also included in this amazing video, you will see how to copy/paste data from the web and what the difference is between paste and "paste special." As if that wasn't enough, I will also marvel you with the history of spreadsheets and how a hippy named Dan Bricklin almost became one of the richest individuals in the world.
This video is amazing; it's awesome. You will love what you learn in this video. It will show you how to copy data from the web and get it into Excel. It will also show you some amazing awesome sources for data like data.gov. As if that wasn't enough, you will also learn about Gapminder.org which is absolutely, completely, totally mind blowingly cool.
One last video in this quickstart series - and it is one of the best! This video is going to show you how to use Google forms to gather data. You will learn how to create a form which you can then distribute to people to fill out. All of the data from people's submissions will be put into a spreadsheet!
In addition to everything listed here in just a moment, in this video you will also learn about Google Location History, which is mind blowing! So now here is everything you'll learn about excel in this video: columns, rows, cells, name box, formula bar, worksheets, workbooks, ribbon, menus, the top left area, the bottom right area, adjusting the horizontal scrollbar, the status bar, views, gridlines, and printing.
Learn the basics of writing formulas in Excel including the point-and-click method for writing formulas.
Learn the differences between functions and formulas. Learn about some of the most commonly used functions. Learn about data and time functions, and about count functions. Learn how to discover new functions with the function reference. Learn how to use the function builder to easily build functions. You are learning, learning, learning so much awesome stuff!
Microsoft Excel charts - when we were in school and learning math, we called these graphs. Microsoft, however, calls them charts. Whether you call them charts or graphs, this video is going to introduce you to how use them. In addition, you'll learn about the nebulous art of manipulating people by how you present data.
This video will get you up and running with creating charts. Learn the basics of creating charts: (1) select the correct data, (2) use CMD to select non-contiguous data, (3) select the correct column headings and row headings, (4) choose the type of chart you want to create.
Scatter charts are the unloved ugly ducklings of charts. Why would you use them? They're scattered; they're all over the place. Just like in the ugly duckling fairy-tale, however, once you get to know scatter charts, you will see their full-potential and beauty. Watch this video to learn how to create scatter charts and to learn about one of my favorite charts of all time, which is a scatter chart, at gapminder.org.
Area stacked charts are the chart equivalent of crazy drunk stumbling down the street with a bottle of Jack Daniel's in his hand - they rarely make sense to most people. Fortune is shining down upon you today, however, as I possess the unique ability to teach you how to understand these horrible charts.
Here's an old adage which I love: when you're learning something, if you want it to stick, you gotta be like a dog and just keep rolling around in it. This is true with anything: the more you do it, the more you learn it. We've already seen transposing data previously but here's a single video devoted to it. In addition, as an AMAZING BONUS, in this video I will show you an INCREDIBLE HACKING TECHNIQUE which you can use to WOW YOUR FRIENDS and GENERATE WARM "I LOVE YOU's" FROM YOUR DEAR ONE.
This is an absolute need-to-know for anybody (this means you) who is using Excel. Freeze panes are wonderful, amazing, an essential. As a matter of fact, I don't know why they call them freeze panes, they should have called them "freeze pleasures," because using this tool makes working with Excel that much more of a pleasure. As an ADDED BONUS, I'm going to show you a wonky resource for Mac enthusiasts.
Data subtotaling is awesome and powerful. Often I keep using these words of praise, but they're true. There's a lot in Excel which is amazing, and subtotaling is one of these things. In addition, as a BONUS, I will introduce you to another amazing awesome tool for backing-up, and recovering, your work: git & github.
Data Tables are not my most favorite thing in Excel. They're not very intuitive, however, what they can do is pretty powerful. Data Tables are a mixed bag, but they're worth knowing about. In the right situation, Data Tables are just the tool for the job. It's good to be aware of Data Tables so that, if the need ever arises, you know they exist and can then go use them.
The next powerful technique for you to remember when formatting your worksheets: right-clicking and choosing “format cells”
Headers and footers in Excel are not intuitive. It seems as if the header and footer area of Excel was created back in the early days of Microsoft, and hasn’t been changed since. Fortunately I’m here to guide you through this dark forest and show you how to understand them. I will also show you how to put page numbers on every page of your printed spreadsheets.