Microsoft Excel for Mac 1: Beginner-Specialist Certificate
What you'll learn
- Create, configure and save Excel worksheets and workbooks.
- Navigate through and format worksheets and workbooks.
- Customise options and views for worksheets and workbooks.
- Configure Excel worksheets and workbooks to print (e.g. page setup).
- Insert data into and format cells and ranges, and create and modify tables.
- Highlight, filter, sort and group cells, ranges and tables.
- Create and format Excel charts.
- Insert and format objects, including modifying images.
- Create formulas in Excel, including using conditional logic and modifying text.
- Before beginning, you will need to know how to use a Mac computer, including a mouse.
- It would be good if you have used Microsoft Excel before, but this is not essential.
- You should have MS Excel (or Office) 2016 or 365 installed on your computer. This course will also be good for you if you have Office 2011 installed instead.
By the end of this course, you will have the skills needed for the official Microsoft Excel Specialist exam. How would that look on your resume?
"The teacher explains very well and at a good pace. Has real in-depth knowledge. The exercises are precise and well put together for the course. And the language sheets are invaluable to those that use other language than English version. I highly recommend this course. It goes thru most of the basic knowledge needed for Excel. Once again The teacher is excellent" -- Daniel Sandberg
"This is super helpful to me. I'm learning things I didn't know existed in Excel." - Jimmy Thrower
"I had to take an Excel proficiency test as a job interview requirement , and scored top 10% percentile (they called me immediately to schedule a face-to-face) , thanks to your great course for which I studied for two days straight to re-enforce my knowledge in Excel, and more importantly fill those gaps of knowledge on all its functionality capabilities . You really get the MOST out of Phillip's courses." - Rick Romero
Most people who use Excel are up to Level 3 in some aspects, and Level 2 in others. Why not go all the way to Level 5?
In this 11.5 hour course, learn how to:
Create and manage worksheets and workbooks
- Create and navigate in Excel worksheets and workbooks,
- Format worksheets and workbooks,
- Customize options and views, and
- Configure Excel worksheets and workbooks for distribution.
Manage data cells and ranges
- Insert data into and format cells and ranges, and
- Summarise and organize data in Excel .
- Create and manage tables,
- Manage table styles and options, and
- Filter and sort a table.
Perform operations with Excel formulas and functions
- Summarize data,
- Perform conditional operations, and
- Format and modify text.
- Excel Formulas such as COUNTIF, SUMIF, MIN etc. are translated into 15 different languages.
Create charts and objects
- Create charts,
- Format graphic elements, and
- Insert and format objects in Excel .
This course teaches all the skills that Microsoft want you to know. Specifically, they are the skills required to undertake the Microsoft Certificate 77-727 (for Excel 2016 Core) and will be useful if you wish to take the exam, or which to learn more about Microsoft Excel
The core skills which are taught are those tested by Microsoft in the exam. There are topics that it wants you to learn about Microsoft Excel, and this course teaches you all of them.
Each module is taught in order, and is divided in sub-topics, and generally each sub-topic will have an individual lecture lasting 5-7 minutes.
The course will take about 11 hours to complete, plus will you need additional time to test yourselves to ensure that you have learned the necessary skills.
You should take this course if:
- you want to learn more about Microsoft Excel, or
- you want to learn the skills you need to become a certified Microsoft Office Specialist.
Regardless whether you have Excel 2011, Excel 2016 or Excel 365, this course will help you get to a good level, and maybe even want you to get more!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for you if you want to develop your Microsoft Excel skills.
- This course will use the latest version of Excel, but is ideal for you if you use Excel 2011, 2016 or 365.
- This course is also for you if you use an older version of Microsoft Excel, but want to learn the newer versions.
- This course is for you if you want to become certified in Microsoft Excel, as by the end you should the knowledge to because certified as a Microsoft specialist, if you wish to do so.
- You will cover the content tested in Microsoft Office Specialist Exam 77-727 (among others).
- This course may not be for you if you want to learn Microsoft Excel for PC computers. Please see my other courses for this.
Hi. I'm Phillip, and I'm proud to Teach with Udemy as a Udemy Instructor Partner. I have been teaching on Udemy since 2015, and I have over 720,000 students and more than 40 video courses, including over a dozen Bestseller courses.
My courses include Power BI, Tableau, SQL Server, Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.), Azure, Microsoft Office, and more. Many of my courses follow requirements for official Microsoft certifications - so with a bit of practice, you could enter the exam and put it on your CV or resume.
I have been a Computing Consultant providing expert services in the development of computer systems and data analysis. I am one of 9 award winning Experts for Experts Exchange's 11th Annual Expert Awards. My interests are working with data, including Microsoft Power BI, Excel, Access, SQL Server, and the Power Platform.
I Do Data is dedicated to creating video courses on Udemy in a variety of computer-related topics, such as SQL in its different dialects and Microsoft Office.
Are you wanting to learn a new skill from the beginning? Or are you wanting to build on an existing skill? In either case, welcome.
Our courses are available on Udemy at any time, so you can watch them whenever you like, as often as you like.
For many of our courses, if you master the skills taught, you are able (if you wish) to take (and hopefully pass) the official certification offered by Microsoft, Tableau or other companies.
That would look good on your CV or resume? It could make the difference between getting a promotion, or a more rewarding job.
I Do Data courses are dedicated to enabling you to succeed.