Microsoft Excel Essentials (Bookkeeping & Accounting)
What you'll learn
- Microsoft Excel basics
- Subtitles/captions available in English, French, Hindi, Simplified Chinese, and Spanish
- Adding numbers, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- Using formulas to work with numbers
- Inserting columns and rows
- Using cell format (bold, font size, highlight, etc.)
- Using Format Painter to quickly copy cell formatting
- Using Wrap text in a cell
- Formatting numbers using dollar sign, percentage, decimals
- Conditional formatting to add colors to make sense of cell data
- Using charts (i.e. pie chart) to present your data
- Sorting and filtering numbers
- Using "Freeze Panes" to see columns and row headings
- VLookup, HLookup, Sumif
- Pivot Tables
- No prior knowledge needed.
In this course you will learn the basics of Microsoft Excel as quickly as possible. By the end of this course, you will have a solid understanding of how to use basic functions of Microsoft Excel that you can apply to your professional or personal life.
You can use any version of Microsoft Excel to take this course, including Microsoft Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, or Excel 365.
Each lesson is around 3-5 minutes, and you can learn at your own pace.
WHAT STUDENTS SAY ABOUT THIS COURSE:
- "This is such a great course for beginners. It taught me so many new tricks to use Excel more easily." - Nora A.
- "I enjoyed all the lessons. I felt like each one had at least one thing that I could take away from. I really enjoyed learning how to add charts and pivot tables to my spreadsheets for an easy summary of information. The sound quality was good. The instructor was clear and precise. The information was presented in a way that was easy to understand and also covered a vast amount of information. Definitely glad that I took this course. Would take another course provided by him, hands down." - Brittany A.
- "Sum function, formatting numbers, mean, median, mode, and count, Sumif, VLookup and HLookup were the most helpful lessons for me. They taught me new lessons that will help me in the future. The lessons were very easy to follow. I would have Excel open and ready to input the same criteria when the video started, and could pause where I needed to do the exercises on my own." - B. Alvarez
YOU WILL LEARN:
Navigating around Microsoft Excel
Entering text and numbers
Adding numbers (SUM function), subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
Correcting cells and moving around cells
Inserting columns and rows
Adding and deleting cell format (bold, font, etc.)
Using Copy, Cut, Paste, and Format Painter to quickly copy cell formatting
Paste Value using Paste Special
Wrap text in a cell
Formatting numbers using dollar sign, percentage, decimals
Conditional formatting to add colors to make sense of cell data
Using charts (pie charts, column charts, etc.)
Using Freeze Panes to see columns and row headings
Print Preview options to nicely print your Excel sheet
Using Sumif function to add cells based on criteria
Using VLookup function to quickly find data in a table vertically
Using HLookup function to quickly find data in a table horizontally
Using "If" function to test criteria
Using "Left" and "Right" functions to extract data from a cell
Removing duplicates in a range of data
Shortcut keys to quickly select a range of cells
Finding absolute value of positive and negative numbers
Pivot Tables to summarize your data
And much more!
WHY THIS COURSE?
Taught by a CPA, CA, MBA - Calvin K. Lee
Calvin is a top-rated instructor at Schulich School of Business at York University
Over 52,000+ students from 172 countries enrolled in his courses
Lifetime access to this course, and you receive new lessons and updates for FREE.
He has 15 years of experience in bookkeeping & accounting
He has worked in a Big 4 accounting firm (Ernst & Young)
Subtitles (captions) available in English, French, Hindi, Simplified Chinese, and Spanish
Certificate of Completion available
I guarantee you will learn Excel. If you aren't absolutely satisfied, I'll refund your money with a 30-day money-back guarantee
REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE NOW!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner bookkeeping & accounting students
- People who need to use Excel in their work or life
Calvin K. Lee, MBA, CPA, CA, CPA (Illinois) is an accountant, consultant, teacher, and author. He has provided accounting & consulting services to large Fortune 500 companies. Calvin's passion is teaching, and he has 77,000+ students enrolled in his online courses.
Calvin is a top ranked instructor for Schulich School of business at York University, Canada’s Top MBA school. He helped transform the lives of students taking them from NO accounting experience to helping them find successful work in the accounting industry. His biggest passion is inspiring and helping others achieve their goals.
- "Simple, straightforward explanations, lots of helpful examples." - Viktoria A.
- "The explanation is awesome!" - Hoshmand N.
- "Easy to understand" - Curtis J.
- "The videos are clear and concise. The teaching style is great because I can understand the material, and I like that there are quizzes." - Antoinette J.
- "Thank you Calvin for such an amazing course" - Kristina S.
- "Great course. Very professional! The course is very informative for a beginner like me. The instructor is good. He has a way of making complicated topics simple." - Joselito F.
- "I love how clear the instructor is, very direct to the point." - Paulline M.
CALVIN'S BEST SELLING COURSES (search "Calvin Lee" on Udemy to see all courses.)
- Bookkeeping Basics Explained
- Bookkeeping in Quickbooks Online
- Start a Bookkeeping Business