Microsoft Azure Functions - Developing Serverless Solutions
What you'll learn
- Learn the most important concepts and capabilities of Azure Functions
- Explore several supported triggers that can start an Azure Function
- Learn to connect to azure services using input and output bindings
- Learn how to create Serverless Workflows using Durable Functions
- Learn how to build, test, deploy and monitor your own Azure Functions apps
- Learn how to use Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code and Azure Function Core Tools
- Learn how to build client apps to interact with Azure Functions App
- Learn how to use local emulators for development and testing against Azure Services
- Some knowledge of programming
- Access to an Azure Account or a machine that can run Azure Storage Emulators
Azure Functions is one of the quickest and easiest ways to get your code running in Azure while maintaining a cost-effective and serverless model.
In this course, Microsoft Azure Functions - Developing Serverless Solutions, you will learn how to create your own Azure Functions apps and visualize how full applications can be built using Azure Functions' powerful, yet simple model. We will explore the tools needed to support development, both locally and in the Azure Portal, and explore the different triggers, bindings and deployment models that are possible.
Along the way, you will learn how to:
Understand Azure Functions Hosting Plans
Explore C#, TypeScript and other language options for Azure Functions
Develop and test Azure Functions using Azure Portal editor.
Develop and test and deploy Azure Functions using Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code
Create and Manage Azure Functions
Using Azure Portal - Web Based
Using Azure Functions Core Tools (Cross Platform)
Using Visual Studio Code (Cross Platform)
Using Visual Studio (2019/2022)
Understand Azure Functions Bindings and Triggers
Use Azure CosmosDB with Azure Functions
Monitor Azure Functions for performance and potential errors using Application Insights
Deploy Azure Functions App
Build Client Application to interact with Azure Functions
Setup CORS Policies for Azure Function App
Explore Security with Azure AD for deployed Azure Function Apps
By the end of this course, you should have a fundamental understanding of what Microsoft Azure Functions are, how they can be used and how they can interact with other services. This course aligns with training required for the Exam AZ-204: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure examination, though it is not an official training guide.
It is perfect for you if you need to know enough about developing with Azure Functions to be functional in your workspace, without taking the exam.
Who this course is for:
- Learners who want to explore more about Azure services
- Beginners or Advance learners who are interested in learning Azure Functions
- Developers who want to learn different concepts related to Azure Functions
Trevoir Williams is a passionate software and system engineer with a strong drive to share the best of his knowledge with students around the globe. His educational achievements include a Master’s degree in Computer Science (major in Software Development) and several Microsoft Azure Certifications.
His impressive work experience includes software consulting, software engineering, database development, cloud system, and server administration, lecturing, and he’s also a musician!
Trevoir enjoys teaching IT and development skills and guides students in gaining the latest knowledge with practical application in the modern industry.