Microsoft Azure - Beginner's Guide + AZ-900 - 2023
What you'll learn
- Ability to understand how to start working with Azure
- Spin up Virtual Machines
- Work with Storage options such as BLOB , SQL Server
- Basic Understanding of services such as Azure Functions, Azure Web apps etc
- Be prepared when taking the AZ-900 certification exam
- Basic IT knowledge on Networks , databases
- Basic understand on what is a cloud platform
- Basic understanding on how Web servers work
- Basic understanding on developing web applications
v 7.1 - June 2023
Minor updates to the working on the storage account service. This is to line-up with the changes made to the user interface for the storage account service.
Azure Databricks - Code changed to reflect how to access data from an Azure Data Lake Gen 2 storage account
Role-based access control - This is to line-up with the changes made to the user interface for Role-based access control.
v7.0 - November 2022
A major refresh carried out for the course. Almost all videos refreshed to ensure that the new User-Interface changes for the Azure services are reflected. Course is also aligned with the newer exam objectives.
Additional questions also added to the Practice Tests
v6.1 - January 2022
Updated the following chapters reflecting User-Interface changes for the relevant Azure service
Lab - Azure SQL Database
Lab - Azure SQL Database - Adding data
Lab - Basic Azure Load Balancer - Setup
Lab - Basic Azure Load Balancer - Implement
Lab - Role-based access control
v6.0 - August 2021
A refresh carried out for most of the chapters in the course - This was to align with any changes to the User Interface and new features for Azure services.
Also questions commonly asked by students are also now included in the videos.
v5.1 - February 2021
Added new chapters to the course including the following
Azure Synapse Analytics-Creating a workspace and dedicated SQL pool
Lab - Azure Synapse - Setting up Azure SQL and Azure Data Factory
Lab - Azure Synapse - Transferring data Azure Data Factory
Azure Bot Service
Also added a completely new section to serve as a good revision for key concepts discussed in the course
Updated chapters on .Net programs for working with the Blob and queue service in Azure Storage Accounts
v5.0 - November 2020
Aligned course updates based on exam objectives changed in November 2020
Added chapters that include
Lab on Azure Kubernetes
The various tools in Azure DevOps services
Shared Responsibility Model
Azure Database for MySQL and PostgreSQL
Refreshed chapters that include
Azure Security Center
Availability sets and Availability Zones understanding
Azure storage accounts - Blob and File service
v4.2 - June 2020
Refreshed the chapters on Azure Regions, Deploying a Windows Virtual Machine, Azure Marketplace
v4.1 April 2020
Updated chapters on Network Security Groups , Azure SQL database , Azure Web Apps , Communication within an Azure virtual network
Added chapters on Example Invoice, Azure Container Instances, Availability Zones implementation
v4.0 March 2020
Refreshed several chapters including the creation of virtual machines, Azure Functions , Azure Logic Apps to reflect User interface changes in Azure.
Added chapters on "Important Points" at the end of each section.
v3.0 October 2019
Refresh on existing topics to reflect Azure changes
Added chapters on cloud concepts
Added chapters on security, privacy and compliance
Added chapters on pricing and support
v2.0 June 2019
Feedback from Students
"Perfectly what need for beginner's in azure"
"I got exactly what I wanted, an overview of Azure services to the perfect level of details, not too high level and not too detailed. The instructor was methodical and straight to the point."
Cloud Computing is the next big thing , just look around you at how the digital world is evolving. Big players such as Amazon , Microsoft , Google are working towards the goal of allowing customers to embrace cloud computing.
Microsoft has made big strides in this domain , and its no surprise as to why they are one of the leaders when it comes to Cloud Computing.
This course is designed to help students get themselves familiar with Microsoft's Cloud platform , Microsoft Azure.
In this course you will learn the following
1. Creating a Free Account in Azure
2. Working with Virtual Machines
3. Working with Azure Storage - BLOB , Table , Queues , Files
4. Introduction to Azure SQL Databases and CosmosDB
5. Basic Networking concepts in Azure
6. A Basic understanding on various services such as Azure Functions , Azure Logic Apps , Azure Scale Sets etc.
Don't get left behind. DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION is the need of the hour and Cloud computing is one of the backbone for empower the world towards this goal.
Who this course is for:
- Students who wish to start learning how to use the Azure Platform
- Students who want to get a head start to the Microsoft Azure Cloud Certifications
A Software technology evangelist with over 20+ years in the software Industry.
A certification buff with numerous certifications with the most recent ones being
1. Microsoft Cybersecurity Architect [SC-100]
2. Designing and Implementing Cloud [DP-420]
3.Designing & Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions [AZ-400]
4. Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure [AZ-204]
5. Designing & Implementing Azure Networking Solutions [AZ-700]
6. Data Engineering on Microsoft Azure [DP-203]
7. Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator [SC-300]
8. Designing Azure Infrastructure Solutions [AZ-305]
9. Microsoft Azure Administrator [AZ-104]
10. Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals [AI-900]
I have also ghostwritten Exam Question banks , and developed courses for various high profile clients.
Hence creating courses for the mass public is just what I do best.
I just have one quote for all my students
"Just follow your passion , never limit your potential. Never stop , just go on and achieve your dreams"