Microsoft Access Advanced
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Main subject modules for our Microsoft Access Advanced course:
- Advanced Data Management - Advanced Form Tasks - Automating Reports
- SQL and Microsoft Access - Macros and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) - Finishing the Application
- Full module details:
- Advanced Data Management - Referential Integrity - Table Relationships - An Introduction to SQL - Modal Dialog Boxes
- Advanced Form Tasks - Using Subforms - Creating a Navigation Form - Advanced Form Controls - Exporting a Form - Other Form Tasks
- Automating Reports - Creating the Report Form - Building Query Criteria
- SQL and Microsoft Access - Understanding SQL - Using the SELECT Statement - Using Subqueries - Using SQL Joins
- Macros and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) - Access and VBA - Building Advanced Procedures - Using VBA in a Database
- Finishing the Application - Setting Start Up Options - Sharing/Splitting the Database - Creating an ACCDE - Encrypting the Database with a Password
- Some of the lessons are quite technical, so you MUST have a good working knowledge and understanding of the concepts covered in the Introduction and Intermediate courses.
MODULE 1: Advanced Data Management
Learning outcomes: A look into table relationships and referential integrity along with introducing SQL, the language database professionals use to manage a database.
An Introduction to SQL
Modal Dialog Boxes
MODULE 2: Advanced Form Tasks
Learning outcomes: Creating navigation forms and sub-forms along with some of the advanced form controls necessary to create a fully rounded user interface.
Creating a Navigation Form
Advanced Form Controls
Exporting a Form
Other Form Tasks
MODULE 3: Automating Reports
Learning outcomes: Create Reports in Access that can return data quickly by using a form to control and launch reports. Look at modifying form properties including combo boxes and link a query to a form.
Creating the Report Form
Building Query Criteria
MODULE 4: SQL and Microsoft Access
Learning outcomes: Some of the basic and more advanced SQL commands here along with the concept of JOINS and sub-queries.
Using the SELECT Statement
Using SQL Joins
MODULE 5: Macros and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
Learning outcomes: Using Macros and Visual Basic to create some advanced functionality to your Access Database.
More about Macros
Access and VBA
Building Advanced Procedures
Using VBA in a Database
MODULE 6: Finishing the Application
Learning outcomes: Look at finishing touches to control how users interact with a database using start-up and sharing options. Identify security measures by creating an ACCDE and encrypting a database with a password.
Setting Start Up Options
Sharing/Splitting the Database
Creating an ACCDE
Encrypting the Database with a Password
- Users with a solid understanding of MS Access who want to take their capabilities to an advanced level in a short space of time.