Microsoft Access 2019/365: Beginner To Advanced
What you'll learn
- Access Fundamentals: Creating Tables, Understanding the Primary Key and Data Types
- How to Query your Database: Select queries, filtering, sorting and queries that change data
- Relational Databases: Why and how we create links between tables
- All about Forms: Interfacing with our Databases, create forms with and without the wizard, creating sub forms to create sophisticated data capture and using split forms
- Reporting with ease: Using the Wizard to build a report or building a more bespoke report and adding special fields
- Data life-cycle: Exporting Data to Excel, Word or PDF. Importing Data from a variety of sources including a mail merge set up between Access and Word
- VBA & Macros in Access: Using buttons to carry out advanced functions, conditional outputs, use VBA to connect to SQL Server and much more!
- A copy of Microsoft Access. This course has been built in Access 2019/365 but works on most other versions (2007,2010,2013, 2016)
Access has been around for over two decades and it’s not going anywhere due to it’s ability to be ‘up and running’ very quickly!
Sure, big companies like big databases that serve the company needs on an enterprise level but the value of access is about what can be done at a local level, in small teams and on smaller or temporary projects.
For example if you are working in a small company and you want to be able to manage your data whether that be some kind of sales data, expenses, marketing information or project focus data and you need to get up and running quickly with a database to handle it, well Access is definitely the tool for you.
You can be up and running in an afternoon with no need to get IT permissions or ask for a big budget! That’s why Access is known as a self-serving or end-user tool.
Given that is how Access is now used we have built a course with exactly that in mind, to teach you how to use Access for it to be a great end-user tool that you can get up and running quickly but also give your Database more advanced capability if you wish to.
In order to build the right course for you, we worked with Guy Vaccaro, who has been building Databases, including Access Databases for over two decades. Rather than build an unnecessarily long training, Guy has condensed his two decades of mastery in under 6.5 very focused hours, not learning unnecessary functionality so you can get up and running and maintaining your database in a very quick time frame!
As with all of our courses, if you are not happy, no worries, you have 30 days to get a full, no questions asked refund!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone in who needs to create and maintain a Database for a small team /project. You could be an Analyst, Accountant, Management Consultant, Project Manager, Office Manager, EA,VA, PA etc
We understand your challenges, we've been where you have been and we learned the hard way. But now we have banded together to create training that is truly going to move the needle in your career.
We are a collective of highly experienced professionals from the UK and North America who have packed decades of skills and experiences into easily digestible training courses on Excel, Business Intelligence, Data Analysis, Microsoft Office, Accounting and Marketing Analytics.
We have all had long careers as professionals first and foremost so this allows us to truly empathise with your challenges in the workplace. Our goal is not to just teach you the theory but to impart practical skills you can begin to implement immediately.