construction management: How to become a bridge engineer
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 22 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Deep foundation-Cast-insitu piles
- Pile integrity test-Pile testing
- Cross-hole logging test-pile testing
- Caliper logging test-pile testing
- Static compression test-pile testing
- Pile cap
- Bridge Pier's
- Bridge abutment
- Bottom slab and web
- Top slab
- Material test's
- Concept of prestressing concrete
- component of post-tensioning system
- procedure of post-tensioning
- friction loss
- friction test
- Elongation of prestressing tendons
- Grouting of tendons
- prestressing sequence
- prestressing losses
- Bridge bearing
- Bridge expansion joints
- There is no prerequirement
Bridges are a crucial part of the traffic system, and it is used mainly to reduce the traffic jam and to connect areas where the terrain like rivers and mountain exists. The construction of bridges is essential in modern life to accommodate the massive increase in the number of vehicles. In this course, we will discuss the steps of construction Box Girder Bridge.
We will discuss components of bridge such as pilling: method of executing piles and tests used to verify pile quality and ability to transfer the structure load. Also, we will discuss pile caps, piers, and superstructure.
Prestressing is an essential part of constructing a bridge. We will discuss the component of the prestressing system, equipment's, stressing sequence, and prestressing losses. Also, we will discuss friction losses and how to obtain the friction coefficient from the friction test at site.
Bride bearing is an essential element, and it transfers the loads from superstructure to substructure. Also, provide flexibility to the structure by allowing rotation and movement. We will discuss the reason behind using bearing, bearing types, bearing component, presetting, articulation of bearings and tests for bridge bearing.
Finally, expansion joint's, reasons behind using an expansion joint, types, and the component of expansion joint and method of installing the expansion joint.
This course intends to bridge the gap between practical life and academic life by presenting concepts that can't be found easily in books or academic study.
- Civil/structural engineering's
- Every engineer who want to improve his/her knowledge and fill the gap between college and practical life