What you'll learn
- Understand the difference between server-side and client-side code
- Learn the basics of using a document-store database (MongoDB)
- Mac or Unix computer (Meteor windows compatibility is unsupported)
Receive a verifiable certificate of completion to present to employers after completing this course.
"I took this course and finally finished a Udemy course!! It was fantastic. The pace was good and the level of detail was perfect. The course gave insight into Meteor, Handlebars, and Bootstrap all integrated together which is what you need to know to create anything... Thanks for a wonderful course!! I was very impressed with the real-time updates to multiple browsers without hitting the refresh browser button!!"
- 5-star review by John Sylora
This course was produced by Exygy, a custom web shop in San Francisco.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in Meteor
- Front-end developers interested in learning server-side development
Dave Kaplan is the Chief Technical Officer at Exygy, a custom software development shop in San Francisco, where he leads the Ruby on Rails engineering team. He holds a BS in Computer Science from UC Berkeley and a Masters in Interactive Multimedia from the University of Technology in Sydney, Australia.
While bringing his vast knowledge of developing, engineering, and programming to new projects, his favorite moments happen when he sees an appreciative client’s face after a build transcends expectations. Although he says his love for Ruby on Rails gets him through the day, his coworkers all know it’s his peanut butter obsession that keeps him energized.