Meta-analysis in Dentistry - Basic course
What you'll learn
- Be able to explain the various types of heterogeneity
- Be able to use the RevMan Software to do meta-analysis
- Be able to perform meta-analysis
- Be able to interpret forest and funnel plots
- Be able to understand simple instructions and to search for information online
This course takes you through the concepts of meta-analysis and the various graphical representation. Types of data and their pooled estimates are discussed in simple language with good examples for you to understand better. This will form the basis for understanding meta-analysis. Heterogeneity are variations among the studies which are included in meta-analysis. Understanding the various types of heterogeneity and how to affects the interpretation of the results is important. Finally the course deals with forest and funnel plot which are graphical presentation of data and results in form of a scatter plot. Come join this course and take yourself to the next level in understanding and interpreting meta-analysis in dentistry.
Who this course is for:
- Dental students, academics, dentists, researchers and anyone interested in meta-analysis
I am an Associate Professor (Periodontology) at International Medical University and the BDS Programme Director. I am a dentist and a periodontist. I have done my PhD in Oral Epidemiology. I also do research publications and supervise students in their research. My experience has been useful for me to create this course.