Mentor for Impact - Start Mentoring
- You´ll need a computer, tablet or a smartphone and good internet connection to view the videos in this course.
This course provides essential wisdom & tools that help you start and succeed as a mentor. In this course you will find:
- Overview of main areas for mentoring opportunities.
- Essential qualities of a good mentor.
- Structure for mentoring meetings.
- Structure for GROW model conversations.
- Framework for sharing your experience through storytelling.
- Tips to motivate your mentee to follow through and get results.
In bonus section you will find:
- Printable GROW model structure worksheet.
- Goalsetting worksheet.
- Powerful questions for mentoring conversations.
Take this course if you are planning to become a volunteer mentor in your organization or a youth program and you are looking for information on how to structure and hold mentoring meetings.
- People who are planning to volunteer as mentors in youth programs
- NGO members who are asked to become mentors for new members
- People who are asked to join as mentors in business competitions and brainstorming sessions, to help participants develop their ideas
- This is not for those who want to start a paid coaching, mentoring or consulting business. This course focuses on starting as a voluntary mentor.
- Course introduction04:31
- Why the world needs mentors?01:45
- What makes a great mentor?04:34
- How to structure the mentoring meeting?07:58
- GROW model - a structure for mentoring conversations16:19
- How to pass on my experience as a mentor?07:46
- How to get the mentee to follow through?05:29
- Next steps and additional resources for starting as a mentor03:17
- Exercises for becoming a better mentor08:07
- Diagnostic and creative exercises for mentoring08:57
- Mentoring with GROW model (Structure & questions)1 page
- Action plan worksheet1 page
- Powerful questions for mentoring conversations02:04
Love to create. Live to inspire.
I believe that we deserve to live a life that is meaningful, exciting, positive, that engages our best talents and drives us to create something awesome. My calling is to empower people to create their remarkable lives.
As an international speaker and trainer, I love to inspire people to reconnect with their inner drive. I love to touch their hearts as videographer and creator.
A childhood dream
When I was a little kid, I found a collection of old books from my grandparent´s attic. "Wow, this is some good wisdom, we need to share it with the world!" I thought to myself. So I redesigned my room into a library - set up a counter, lounge chairs, large bookshelf, and ordered the books alphabetically. Even placed signs and everything.
Then I just sat there, waiting for the world to come. But no one came. The only visitors I had were my two hamsters and granny. Apparently, the hamsters were not so keen about books and granny just wanted to chat.
Still today I have this drive for sharing wisdom. Only this time I built this little virtual library in the form of my online courses and waited for the world to come.
And 20 000 people from 166 countries showed up and signed up. The little kid in me is grateful that the dream worked out, in its modern form
Entrepreneur by heart
Ever since I was a young boy, I realized that you can do what you love and make a good living out of it. I started as a DJ, developed my sound equipment rental business, co-started an online DJ equipment store. I used the money I got to finance my university studies, during which I started the training company Victory Trainings that has enabled me to inspire tens of thousands of people around the world.
My job description: "inspire people"
My work as a trainer is to empower people to tap their creative potential and uplift them to get excited about their lives. I am often invited to give inspirational speeches, moderate conferences, deliver idea development workshops, and personal development seminars. I have had the pleasure to work with nearly 1000 groups in 15 countries around the world.
Every problem is an opportunity to create. I love to create.
Whenever I feel that something important is missing, I create it. Could not find a good resource for inspiration and personal development - created the Estonian Inspiration portal. Fell in love with storytelling - created the Storyteller web app. Saw that too many youngsters could not find "their thing" - created the Passionfinder web app.
Surround yourself with positively charged people
From an early age, I surrounded myself with active people in Junior Chamber International. I got so excited that I managed the development of a mentorship program for hundreds of members, lead a team of nearly 100 certified trainers, and served as a president at the local chapter.
Enthusiasm and inspiration based on solid and systematic wisdom
I attained an MBA degree in Entrepreneurship and Technology Management, specializing in Entrepreneurship pedagogy. Before that, I did my BA in Entrepreneurship Economics and Applied Psychology at Tartu University. My main area of research was creativity in organizations and developing a creative mindset and skills through training.
Why am I here at Udemy? I am here to serve. I have experimented and developed techniques and concepts that help us to find more love and excitement in what we do. And it is my deepest obligation to share that with the world.