MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID SKILLS
If a person sprains their ankle or cuts their hand, a first aider knows what to do - However, what if a person has a anxiety attack, displays signs of depression, psychosis or PTSD? Or even uses suicidal language? - Mental Health First Aiders are trained to be able to initially support the sufferer and signpost them to the professional help they need.
This course on Mental Health First Aid Skills is designed to give you the tools and the knowledge to provide someone developing a mental health issue with vital first responder care and support. (CPD course accredited by Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body).
WHO IS THE COURSE SUITABLE FOR? - ORGANISATIONS - INDIVIDUALS - PUBLIC SECTOR
The learning outcomes of this Mental Health First Aid course are:
• To develop a greater awareness of what mental health is and how Mental Health First Aid Skills can help in a crisis, the different types of mental health issues and an understanding of their effects.
• Triggers and Causes of mental health difficulties/ or declines in mental health, that may steer someone towards a downward spiral.
• How to identify early warning signs and red flags of a possible mental health issue.
• Once identified, how to offer initial support and signposting towards appropriate treatment.
• Tools and strategies useful for stabilizing and maintaining mental health wellbeing in yourself and others.