Mental Health Awareness (Workplace & Personal)
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 14 articles
- 19 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Explore Mental Health Awareness in an interactive way, recognise common signs and symptoms, be able to respond and support.
- Be able to deliver an interactive 45-minute training session or group discussion on Mental Health Awareness. Session notes, prompt cards, video, participants' guides are all included.
- Know how to communicate and offer support to family members, co-workers, employees, friends who have mental health problems.
- Feel more at ease when talking about mental health. Through an exercise and a detailed infographic you will get conversation tips, useful phrases and expressions to use, ways to start a conversation and offer support.
- Look after your own mental wellbeing via self-assessments, exercises and useful resources such as mini-guide and MP3 are available to download.
- No previous knowledge.
- If you are using the course to deliver your own Mental Health Awareness session/group discussion - all the material is provided and you do not require previous knowledge.
This is a general Mental Health Awareness course designed for anyone with little or no training in mental health and who would like to understand a little more about:
- Mental health and mental well-being
- Common signs, symptoms and conditions
- How to talk about mental health
- How to support someone
- How to be an advocate of Mental Health Awareness and share what I've learnt with others
This is also a course designed to promote 'Mental Health Awareness' in the workplace and to create self-efficacy, raise awareness and fight the mental health stigma. It offers a Train-The-Trainer session explaining how this course can be used by any HR or L&D professional to run a bite-size (45min +) interactive training session or by a manager / team lead to conduct an interactive team discussion on Mental Health Awareness.
Included in the downloads are:
- An animated PowerPoint presentation
- Trainer's notes
- Participants' worksheet/guide
- Supporting props for the course/discussions
- A detailed infographic with tips, useful phrases and contacts
- A bonus guide to further help participants build their resilience after the workshop.
Mental Health Awareness is a topic on everyone's agenda and people should be talking about it.
This course will allow you to be proactive and become a mental health promoter in your organization.
If you have further questions about the course, please get in touch, I'll be happy to help.
- This course is for anyone interested in mental health.
- HR and L&D professionals and trainers wishing to run a 'Lunch & Learn' or 'bite-size' Mental Health Awareness training session (educational material, handouts and session notes are provided).
- Managers, team leads, employers wishing to understand more about Mental Health and how to support their staff as well as give them useful material to look after their mental health.
- Employees, family members, friends who would like to get some understanding about Mental Health.
- Anyone who wishes to include Mental Health Awareness as part of their agenda for World Mental Health day or Mental Health Month.
This short lecture explains what to expect from this section of the course and gives you the available downloads (1x article on Mental Health UK/US & 1x weekly well-being planner).
In this lecture we explore definitions of mental health, stigma and the Mental Health Continuum.
This is a short article about mental health awareness.
This is a short exercise, you will need a pen and paper. Imaging offering support to someone with a mental health condition, how would you talk about it? What would you say or not say? What feels right and what doesn't? Why? Find out what you feel comfortable with.
This is adding extra material with some useful stats, facts and links. Because of the Covid-19 crisis there it is essential to keep your mental health in check and work at achieving positive well-being. I have included an extensive self-assessment to look at depression, anxiety and stress and to help you take some relevant actions.