Mendeley Reference Manager - Become a Better Researcher
What you'll learn
- Create a Mendeley account
- Download Mendeley desktop software
- Use the Mendeley Web Importer
- How to add the Microsoft Word Citation Plugin
- Add a research paper from Google Scholar
- Generate in-text citations in Microsoft Word
- Generate your bibliography in Microsoft Word
- An eagerness to learn and a strong desire to save time by learning how to use Mendeley Reference Manager effectively is all that we ask!
- A PC or laptop capable of running Mendeley Reference Manager and an internet connection.
Learn the secrets of never manually creating a reference or in-text citation again, with the new Mendeley Reference Manager (available for Windows, Mac and Linux) and take your research paper writing to the next level!
Have you spent countless hours trying to cite in the right referencing style only to discover that you had done it all wrong and lost marks on your paper?
Have you been manually creating your references?
Do you write a lot of research papers and have to cite a range of sources often?
Do you want to save time when referencing your academic work?
Then join me in making referencing easier without it taking forever.
What is reference management software and why should you use it?
Reference management software or citation managers allow you to collect, store and organise your references, and insert them into your documents quickly and easily. There are many options; Mendeley, EndNote and Zotero - Mendeley being the most user friendly and popular.
Once you have stored a reference, you can use it over and over again in your reference list or bibliography. This can save you a lot of time, as you don't have to manually type a reference each time you cite a particular source.
Content and Overview
This course will introduce you to Mendeley and show you how to:
Create an account.
Install the software.
Add references from Google Scholar to your Mendeley library.
Automatically generate your reference list in one-click.
We are going to teach you the skills that will allow you spend less time worrying about referencing and more time writing up your research.
I designed this course to be easily understood by everyone, there are no requirements to join the course, we only ask that you come open minded and ready to learn.
By the end of this course, you’ll know how to use Mendeley to help you become a productive and successful researcher.
See you inside the course!
Who this course is for:
- PhD students
- Early Career Researchers
- Academics looking to improve their research workflow and save time.
- Students at school, college or university who no longer want to spend hours manually referencing their research.
- Librarians and information professionals with an interest in reference management software.
- Teachers who want to learn about the tool and teach to their students.
Hello and welcome to the Research Coach Academy, it's great to have you here on the team!
I am an experienced educator who has taught thousands of students and faculty staff how to save time when undertaking literature searches, writing their paper and referencing.
Thank you for taking the time to consider taking our courses, I'm really excited to be able to share this with you and we would love to see you enrol today and be a part of your successful academic journey.
If you have any questions about the courses, feel free to contact me - it would be great to hear from you.
Here's to achieving academic and research success together!