Melodyne: Pitch Correction and Beyond
What you'll learn
- Use Melodyne confidently to correct pitch on multiple audio sources, as well as use this software as a creative tool.
- You should own a version of Melodyne
- Have a basic understanding of music theory
- Understand music mixing concepts
Join me as we do a walk through using Melodyne. I created this course for music producers, engineers, and artists who already have some experience with recording and mixing, but are new to using the Melodyne software.
Melodyne is a very powerful application that lets users manipulate the pitch, vibrato, timing, envelopes, and formants of audio in an intuitive interface that is similar to working with MIDI. I have heard it referred to as "the magic plugin."
Many people get frustrated early on when trying to learn Melodyne because it is so different from any other audio software available. There is a learning curve that you need to overcome before you will be comfortable using Melodyne. And that is what this course is designed for.
I will show you how to use Melodyne's interface, tools, editor views, and macros. Then apply Melodyne to tuning vocals in a mixing scenario, and finally, use this software in less conventional ways. Melodyne goes well beyond just pitch-correcting vocals, despite what many people believe.
So please join me in this course and let's see the power you can unleash in your own music!
Who this course is for:
- My target students are music producers, songwriters, and engineers who want to achieve natural, professional sounding pitch correction and effects.
- Hobbyists and professionals who are unfamiliar with Melodyne software, but have an understanding of music theory and basic music mixing will benefit most.
- Beginners with Melodyne
Audio Instructor at Atlanta Institute of Music and Media
BBA, Florida International University
Avid Certified Pro Tools Instructor
Waves Audio Certified
Certified Higher Education Professional from NASASPS
I have been involved in the music industry for 17 years, and engineering (recording and mixing) for 12 years. Originally, I started out as a musician before becoming involved behind the scenes in recording studios. I have worked in many different genres of music through the years, and I am a voting member for the Grammy Awards.