Mega Course - VMware vSphere 7.0 Boot Camp - Part 3 w. Ebook
What you'll learn
- Learn how configure VMs, ESXi hosts and networks for VMotion
- Configure, build and test Distributed Resource Scheduling compute Load Balanced clusters
- Deliver better than 99.99% VM uptime with High Availability clusters
- Deliver ZERO unplanned VM down time with VMware Fault Tolerance
- Patch and update ESXi hosts with VMware Lifecycle Manager
- Avoid and respond skillfully to performance concerns before they become production issues
- You have a basic understanding of computer hardware including CPUs, Memory, Networking and Storage
- You have a good understanding of Operating Systems including how to install and configure them
- You have a working understanding of networks, TCP/IP and storage
- Your vSphere experience is similar to what you would know if you attended our vSphere 7.0 Boot Camp Part-1 and Part 2 courses
This Course Is An Affordable Alternative to Official VMware vSphere 7.0 Training
Do you need to ramp up on VMware vSphere 7.0 quickly and efficiently? Do you need thorough, detailed and in-depth training that covers both the theoretical and practical sides of vSphere 7.0? If so, you've probably looked at official VMware vSphere training - only to be put off by the price...
Q: What do you do if you need in depth VMware vSphere 7.0 training, but can't afford the $4,000+ cost of an official VMware VMware vSphere Install, Configure, Manage [v7.0] class or the $6,000+ cost of an official VMware vSphere Fast Track [v7.0] training class?
A: Sign up for this course instead!
This course (the third in a 3-part series) was originally developed as a 5-day intensive VMware vSphere 7.0 boot camp class. It provides a complete introduction to VMware vSphere™ 7.0 including ESXi™ 7 and vCenter™ 7. This course has been fully updated to reflect the changes introduced in vSphere 7.0 Update 1.
What Do You Get?
This course includes over 53 presentations totalling 11 hours of recorded lectures and hands-on lab demo videos. Every lecture video and every hands-on lab demo video is fully downloadable, so you can continue to learn while you travel.
You also get a free 150pg PDF ebook sample of our course.
Is This Course Right For Me?
Good question! The easiest way to tell for sure is to check out the Free Preview Lectures and hands-on Lab Demo videos we offer. With free previews, you can take your time and be certain that this course is right for you before you buy.
Worried you might change your mind? No problem! Udemy offers a 30-day money back guarantee on each course sale so you can always change your mind later.
You Will Learn How To Build An Entire vSphere 7 System From Scratch
In this course I provide both lecture (Power Point) and hands-on lab demo video coverage of the following topics:
Virtual Machine Migration - cold migrate, hot VMotion migrate and storage VMotion migrate VMs
Load Balanced DRS Clusters - create and administer DRS clusters so your VMs always get the compute resources they need
High Availability Clusters - use vSphere HA to gracefully recover from server, storage network, SAN and VM failures
Fault Tolerance - deliver Zero Unplanned VM down time with this VM replication feature
Lifecycle Manager - configure and update Lifecycle Manager and use it to patch / update your ESXi hosts
Distributed vSwitches - learn features and benefits that dvSwitches offer over Standard vSwitches
Performance - work with ESXi to maximize your ESXi host's compute and storage network resources
Final Thoughts - a course wrap up covering topics that didn't fit into previous chapters
You Get Both Lecture and Lab Demo Videos
This course includes both detailed lecture presentations and fully explained hands-on lab demos. Our lectures introduce you to, and motivate each topic including what it is, what it does, why you need it, how it works, what to watch out for, best practices, design tips, sizing limits and much more. After each lecture section you'll see a detailed hands-on lab demonstration that takes you through exactly how to perform the tasks we introduced in the lectures including how to install, configure, administer, etc. each vSphere component.
Total class time is roughly 60% lecture and 40% lab demos.
Note that while we provide step-by-step hands-on lab demo video presentations, access to live hands-on labs is not included in this course.
Get The vSphere 7.0 Skills You Need to Get Ahead
By the end of the class, attendees will have learned the skills, and best practices needed to become an effective vSphere 7.0 administrator. With the information provided in this class and follow on classes, attendees will be able to design, implement, deploy, configure, monitor, manage and troubleshoot a vSphere 7.0 installation.
Who this course is for:
- You have basic vSphere administration skills and want to add VMware vSphere 7.0 skills to your skilset
- Anyone who has worked with older versions of vSphere and want to see how things work in vSphere 7.0
- People who are strong with some aspects of vSphere and who want the full picture on how to work with vSphere 7.0
- VMware VCA / VCP / VCAP certification candidates who want to improve their knowledge / skills with objective, 3rd party training
- Hyper-V, Xenserver or other virtualization administrators who want to learn how to work with vSphere 7.0
- You would like to attend official VMware vSphere 7 training but can't afford the $4,000+ cost
Get High Quality VMware vSphere 7.0, 6.7, 6.5 and 6.0 training right here... on Udemy!
Q: What do you do if you need to learn VMware vSphere introductory or advanced skills - but can't afford the crazy $5,500 price of VMware vSphere Install, Configure, Manage [v7] or the even more outrageous $8,400 for VMware vSphere Fast Track [v7] training courses?
A: Enroll in one or more of my VMware vSphere courses here on Udemy!
Official VMware vSphere course prices on Global Knowledge's US web site as of Feb 23, 2022.
I have created introductory and advanced vSphere 7.0, 6.7, 6.5 and 6.0 learning tracks that, combined, offer over 100+ hours of VMware vSphere lectures and hands-on lab demos.
My vSphere 7.0, 6.7, 6.5 and 6.0 courses provide you with training comparable to what you would get from official VMware 5-day training courses like VMware vSphere Install, Configure, Manage [v7.0] , VMware vSphere Fast Track [v7.0] or VMware vSphere Optimize and Scale [v6.7] at a fraction of the cost.
Here on Udemy, I can provide more insight and detail, without the time constraints of a normal instructor led training class. My goal is to give you a better training experience - for less.
How Will ESXLab vSphere Training Benefit Me?
I get lots feedback from people who tell me the benefits they have received from my courses::
- Help prepare for VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) certification
- Help fill in knowledge gaps on software they already have and use
- Learn about new features and capabilities of vSphere 7.0, 6.7 or 6.5
- Learn how to use new vSphere Client, legacy vSphere Web Client and HTML 5 Client (because vSphere Client is obsolete)
- Get the skills necessary to move into an entry level vSphere administrators job
- Get the skills necessary to move up to higher level vSphere administrators job
Why Learn From Me?
My name is Larry Karnis, and I have been teaching vSphere since 2004. I am an IT consultant / trainer with over 30+ years of experience. I currently run an IT consulting and training company called ESXLab that specializes in VMware vSphere.
After graduating with Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Math in 1984, I worked for 10 years as a UNIX programmer and administrator. I switched to Linux in 1995 and started teaching Linux courses for Learning Tree, Global Knowledge and RedHat. At RedHat, I taught introductory and advanced Linux courses and administered the RedHat Certified Engineer exams. I even authored two books on Linux.
My VMware Experience
I've been working with VMware products since 2001. I earned my first VMware Certified Professional (VCP) designation on ESX 2.0 in 2004 (VCP #: 993). I have earned VCP in ESX 3, and in vSphere 4 and 5.
I have been providing VMware consulting and training for more than 18 years. I have lead hundreds of classes and taught thousands of people how to use vSphere - before joining Udemy (where 25,000+ people have enrolled in my courses).
I worked for VMware as a VMware Certified Instructor (VCI) for almost five years (2004-2008). After leaving VMware, I launched my own VMware training business called ESXLab.
I hold many industry certificates including VCP-Datacenter Virtualization on VMware Infrastructure 2 & 3 and vSphere 4 & 5 (ret.), VMware Certified Instructor (ret.), RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE), RedHat Certified Instructor (RHCI) and RedHat Certified Examiner (RHCX) as well as certifications from LPI, HP, SCO and others.
I hope to see you in one of my Udemy VMware vSphere classes... There's no risk - I make plenty content available for free preview. And, you have 30 days to ask for a refund if the course doesn't work for you.
I even include free ebook samples of my actual 5-day instructor led training classes in most of my vSphere courses. Look for a free download link in lecture 2 of my courses.
Once you enroll in one of my classes, feel free to ask questions. I usually respond within 1-2 days.
Thanks for your interest.
Instructor / ESXLab