Meditation Through the Senses
What you'll learn
- Learn how to be connect to your body
- Learn how to connect to your emotions
- Learn to connect to your social environment
- Learn to connect to your thoughts
- Learn to connect to something larger than yourself
- Learn what meditation is
- Learn what meditation is not
- Learn the benefits of meditation
- Learn different ways to connect to your senses through meditation
- Explore the senses through the five elements- earth, air, water, fire, ether
- No meditation experience needed
- Openness and curiosity
- A willingness to learn, love and heal.
- Commitment to practice a little each day
Meditation is a highly beneficial daily practice that can help to improve mood and concentration as well as decrease stress, anxiety and depression. In our modern age it is very easy to get overwhelmed with daily life. I am a social worker and Reiki Master who specializes in trauma, mindfulness and meditation. This specialization has come from my own experience of being an anxious, traumatized people pleaser.
Join me for this 10 day meditation challenge to explore your senses. We will explore the idea of the senses through the five aspects of self- body, emotions, social, thoughts and universal connection. We will then expand this idea to include the five elements- earth, air, water, fire and ether and then finally through the five elements, the five aspects of self and the five senses. And then the extra content will include how to connect with the traditional sense of sight, sound, smell, touch and taste.
Learn what meditation is, what meditation is not as well as some of the benefits and drawbacks to this daily practice. Meditation is a hugely beneficial practice that only improves over time. So come join me in learning meditation, self compassion and relaxation! I an excited to share with you my passion for meditation!
Who this course is for:
- Meditators who wants to learn mindfulness and meditation practices related to trauma
- Anyone who is interested in learning how to be mindful and how to relieve suffering
- Anyone who is interested in increasing compassion and extending it to others
- Anyone who is looking for personal development
- Anyone interested in trying meditation
- Anyone interested in the five senses using the five elements
Michelle Agopsowicz has a Masters in Social Work, a Bachelors in Disability Studies and is a Reiki Master. Michelle offers counselling and education opportunities from a holistic, trauma informed perspective. She aims to create wellness and balance through the integration of traditional counselling and energy techniques. This approach has developed through her own journey of having an autoimmune condition, trauma, and anxiety.
She offers practices and discussions that can guide us to live a more fulfilled and authentic experience with self compassion. She believes strongly that trauma is a universal human experience that affects the body, mind, and spirit. She believes that addressing our suffering leads to a journey that is beautiful, painful and ultimately reconstructs our fundamental meaning of compassion, humanity and our place in the world.