Meditation for Beginners... Without the Fluff!
- A digital device to download the audio meditations on, a cushion, chair and/or bed
- No previous knowledge of meditation required
Are you easily tired, exhausted or emotionally shaken by the world around you?
Do you find it difficult to relax and calm your mind?
Do you want to become the master of your mind?
In this course, we cut through common new age teachings to deliver a simple and direct method for establishing an ongoing meditation practice.... without all the fluff!
We discuss what meditation is, what it isn't and why many people find it so difficult. Best of all, inside the course you will have 3 downloadable audio meditations that you can use anytime to help you establish an ongoing meditation practice.
For those who may find it difficult to sit in traditional meditation postures than this course offers an introduction into a unique style of meditation with a downloadable, audio meditation so that you can practice meditation lying down! (Perfect for beginners)
In this course we explore:
- What is meditation
- 3 very powerful, simple, practical meditations
- Common myths about meditation
- The basic science of meditation
- How to start mastering your mind instead of being mastered by your mind
Some benefits of meditation include:
- Reduced anxiety and stress
- Better quality sleep
- Enhanced creativity and intuition
- Enhanced feelings of calm, confidence and relaxation
- And much more...
Who this course is for:
- Any with a general interest in meditation
- Anyone from any religious background
- People interested in psychology and counsciousness
- Anyone interested in practicing meditation without all the "new age" language
- People with some experience of meditation already
Michael Hetherington (BHlthSci) is an anxiety and stress release expert from Australia with over 13 years of experience in the field. He is a therapist, EFT practitioner, counsellor, Chinese medicine acupuncturist, teacher and author.
Michael holds a bachelor of health science (Traditional Chinese Medicine) and has postgraduate studies in education and counselling. He is currently completing a master's degree in counselling psychology.
In 2023, Michael decided to move many of his courses and training programs off Udemy. Therefore, you can access more of his work and his latest courses directly through his website.
Some of his courses include:
- 30 Day Improve your Digestion EFT Program
- The Cranial Relaxation Technique
- Internationally Accredited EFT Practitioner Training Program
- Introduction to Pulsing Massage
- The 5 Element Theory: Healing and Transformation for Modern Living
- Chinese Cupping Therapy
- Chinese Medicine Moxibustion Therapy for Beginners
- and Many More
Michael has spoken on subjects related to energy medicine, energy psychology and Chinese medicine at numerous events and festivals around the world including The Bali Spirit Festival in Indonesia and the Omega Institute in New York alongside Dr. Sue Morter, Dr. David Feinstein and Donna Eden.
He is originally from Brisbane, Australia and can now be found bouncing between workshops and events in Australia, Thailand, Bali and Germany.
In his early twenties, he suffered from regular migraine headaches, depression and chronic lower back pain, which he overcame primarily through the practices of yoga, relaxation and meditation.
Michael was always attracted to Eastern philosophy and it was this interest that drew him to the teachings and practices of yoga, martial arts and Chinese medicine at a young age. After travelling to China to teach English for a year, he returned to Australia in 2004 to begin studying Chinese medicine, remedial massage and practising Oki-Do yoga (Japanese Yoga form developed by Dr. Masahiro Oki) under the guidance of Peter Masters.
Inspired by the teachings of many he has learned that a lighthearted and nurturing approach to life serves best.
Michael's other interests include dancing under the stars, travelling, spending time in nature & drinking cups of tea.