Do you find that you have trouble focusing when you're working or learning online? Do you regularly get the compulsion to procrastinate, check Facebook and consume new information when you would rather be doing something more meaningful?
Or do you find that you have a lots of creative ideas but then you struggle when it comes to executing and implementing them so you earn a steady income from them? If you answered YES to any of these questions, then I designed this course for you.
I have suffered from ADD most of my life and I know how hard it is in this day and age to stick with perplexing problems and ideas long enough to develop creative solutions for them. I also know what it feels like to never seem to achieve your potential and really create the life that you know in your heart is possible.
I have spent a big part of the last decade traveling the world, studying and practicing different forms of meditation while creating online courses that teach people today's most in-demand digital skills. I embarked on this journey because I was determined to find a natural way to overcome my ADD so I could channel my creativity into meaningful endeavours. I wanted more than anything to be a creator of my own reality, rather than a consumer of other people's second-hand insights and experiences.
My search has culminated in the ideas and practices in this course. I designed this course for people like me, who are energetic, distractible and creative, the kind of people who would normally struggle with sitting still and quieting their minds. The way meditation is usually taught is difficult to apply in our fast-paced, hyper-connected society. So, to solve this problem I've tailored this course for people who need the focus and presence of meditation but would normally struggle to build the habit.
I strongly believe that if meditation is to be truly transformative, it needs to be approached with the spirit of play, lightheartedness and curiosity.To really get amazing results, we need to take ourselves less seriously and embrace our natural flow. Meditation is a tool for exploring our inner worlds and channelling our creative energy in the stream of consciousness we call the moment. It is the controlled expansion of our minds and awareness.
I want to demystify meditation for you and help you actually build a daily meditation habit that sticks. I will also teach you mindfulness techniques you can use throughout your daily life to overcome distractions, channel your creative energy into flow states and overcome the mental drains of stress, anxiety and uncertainty.
I recommend you watch the first few videos that are provided free so you can learn more about this course. The outcome of applying the practices in this course is you will experience much better focus, you'll understand how to trigger creative flow when you're working online and you'll be able to recognize how and why you procrastinate and become distracted by directly observing your own mind and body. This will empower you to overcome negative emotional feedback loops and live a more creative, carefree and relaxed life.
Here is a quick summary of what you will learn in this course:
1. The Internet Age is changing our brains and transforming the way we live, work and learn. You will learn how to develop the three characteristics that are disproportionately rewarded in today's innovation economy: focus, creativity and self-awareness.
2. You will learn how to increase your attention span and dramatically improve your ability to focus and stay present with problems and creative work through the practice of mindfulness.
3. Many people who learn to meditate don't stick with it. I'll teach you how to "hack the habit" of the daily practice of meditation using a simple 3-step system for habit forming that is backed by the latest neuroscience research.
4. The time you really want the focus and presence of mindfulness is when you're at work, in difficult social situations and when you're enjoying your free time. You'll learn mindfulness In action practices to stay focused and present in any situation.
5. Creative flow states are the secret to optimal performance in creative endeavours. You will learn how to trigger flow states when you're working and learning online so you can learn faster and manifest your ideas more rapidly.
6. You will learn about the latest digital tools and iPhone/Android apps for focusing at work, blocking out distractions, quantifying your performance over time and reducing the natural tendency to be constantly multitasking.
7. You will learn how to strengthen your emotional intelligence, short-circuit emotional reactive loops that lead to addictive behaviour and how to unlearn your negative habits and thought patterns.
8. Most office workers who work on a computer (in fact, most modern people) breathe incorrectly. You will learn a simple diaphragmatic breathing technique to increase your energy levels, overcome anxiety when it arises and reduce afternoon productivity dips.
9. The secret to leadership and getting people to like you is listening to them mindfully. Learn how to focus your awareness when you meet new people so you are relaxed and engaged in important conversations.
10. Discover a simple way to increase your happiness and well-being by practicing gratitude each day. This is an essential practice for reminding us of our good fortune and helping overcome our evolutionary bias toward negativity, fear and cynicism.
I'm really proud of this course and I believe the practices taught can change your life in really impactful ways. This course isn't just about absorbing thought-provoking information and factoids. It is about helping you learn and apply actual practices that will transform your life.
Given that mastering focus and creativity is such a crucial factor in today's fast-paced digital society, this course is an investment in your future that you can't afford not to make.