Medical Terminology Course
What you'll learn
- You will learn the most commonly used medical terminology.
- You’ll discover how words are structured.
- You'll learn what the different parts of each word mean and where each word comes from.
- You'll be able to recall words and recognise them within real word scenarios.
- You don't need any prior knowledge to begin this course. There are no specific pre-requisites required.
WHAT IS MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY?
Medical terminology is the language used to describe components and processes of the human body, medical procedures, diseases, disorders, and pharmacology. When working in healthcare a firm grasp of medical terminology is essential knowledge to be successful in your role. Whether you work in a clinical or non-clinical role, it is important to be able to use medical terminology to understand what is being read, written, coded, or communicated during your working day.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This course is ideal for people working in Primary or Secondary care in an administrative or managerial role. It gives you a solid grounding in current UK medical terminology. Medical Terminology is available as an in-company course, for GP practices via local CCGs / PCNs and available for individual’s to self-study via distance learning. There are no specific pre-requisites required. This course is offered as a standalone course and to support those on our NHS Team Leader / Reception Manager / Admin Manager courses at Level 2 and 3. Please contact us for more details of these programmes, for prices and course samples.
In this course we will look at:
The structure and meaning of medical word parts
The meaning of medical terminology relating to the human body
Medical terminology relating to a range of medical specialities
The meaning of pharmaceutical abbreviations
Who this course is for:
- This course is ideal for people working in Primary or Secondary care in an administrative or LEARNING OUTCOMES COURSE CONTENT In this course we will look at 1 MEDICAL Structure of medical terms Prescribed prefixes, roots and suffixes Terminology of prescribed body structures and systems Pathology and x-ray investigations and procedures Pharmaceutical abbreviations Medical specialities Diseases, conditions, clinical procedures and investigations Over 3 hours of content HOW YOU’LL LEARN COURSE DURATION Leave the text books behind and join us online on the Crescente Cloud. On the Crescente Cloud you’ll find our Medical Terminology course. The course has been crafted into a video series. Throughout the series you’ll be quizzed on you’re knowledge, this is to help retention and maximise learning. Copyright © 2022 Crescente Ltd. All rights reserved. 2 ENROL NOW Start today as an individual or as a team. managerial role. It gives you a solid grounding in current UK medical terminology. Medical Terminology is available as an in-company course, for GP practices via local CCGs / PCNs and available for individual’s to self-study via distance learning.
Digital Course Designer and Builder from Crescente Learning Centre. Based in the UK. Bringing high quality, well designed, considered training to you. At Crescente we strive to provide forward thinking management and leadership courses for a complex and uncertain world. Crescente's goal is simple: Help YOU get to your goals faster.