Mediation process and practice: beginner to practitioner
What you'll learn
- Revisit crucial interpersonal communication skills, learn core mediation principles and process.
- Develop new skills that are relevant to all relationships around you - at home, at work and in community settings.
- An excellent CPD opportunity across a range of professions and careers.
- Understand conflict, mediation, holding space and practice skills that will lead you on to the next steps.
- No experience required.
This course revisits crucial interpersonal communication skills and introduces you to core mediation principles and ways of working – an invaluable combination for all those in management, HR and public facing roles, as well as anyone with an interest in relationship building and rebuilding.
If you are interested in becoming a mediator, or are changing career direction, join us for this transformative training, developed jointly by Community Resolve (Bristol) and Conflict & Change (Newham, London), innovative conflict transformation organisations working in the field for over 20 years.
The comprehensive course will provide all you need to start your journey as a mediator. You will be working to develop new skills that are relevant to all relationships around you – at home, at work and in community settings – and is an excellent CPD (continuing professional development) opportunity across a range of professions and careers.
COURSE INTRODUCTION – course overview
Day 1 – UNDERSTANDING CONFLICT – conflict dynamics, reframing, and essential interpersonal skills
Day 2 – YOU AND CONFLICT – our impact in any conflict we are involved in, including as mediators
Day 3 – WHAT IS MEDIATION? – core principles and the skills you need to hold the space as a mediator
Day 4 – THE MEDIATION PROCESS – understanding its future-focused, participant-led format
Day 5 – HOLDING THE SPACE – review of the techniques used to contain challenging discussions
Day 6 – PRACTICING SKILLS AND NEXT STEPS – you will be keen to get lots of practice and you will.
Who this course is for:
- If you are interested in becoming a mediator, or are changing career direction, join us for this long-established transformative training..
Hen Wilkinson is an Accredited Mediator with 20 years experience working with workplace, community, family dynamics, elderly and special educational needs mediation. She is Director of Community Resolve, which specialises in online and in-person training around managing and understanding conflict in all spheres of our lives, as well as teaching, lecturing and mediating.