Mechanical concept design Problem solving with 15 projects
What you'll learn
- How to formulate a problem into a logical framework to improve problem solving
- How to select concepts based on criteria
- The Concept development process within the larger product development
- Multiple examples to develop problem solving through practice
- Familiarity with using CAD to create models
- Engineering basics - Mechanical engineering
Creativity combined with practical well engineered design is the fuel for innovation .
Mechanical design engineering - the profession of creating and analyzing systems which do useful physical work is based on the "Conceptualization of Systems" . Problem solving skills are most sought after in engineers beyond just CAD and tool focused skills.
This course is all about the conceptualization of mechanical designs.
Focusing on the Design Process and elaborating a thought process which can be applied in action during solving Mechanical design problems.
Multiple projects are covered which give a wide and also in depth look at Concept development activity .
Who is it for?
- Mechanical Design engineers working in industry , to improve their conceptualization skills and problem solving skills
- Engineering students to work on challenging projects going beyond the basics of Engineering to Practical problem solving.
- Familiarity with usage of CAD packages (any)
- Familiarity with basic engineering concepts
What are the Learning outcomes?
- An action focused procedure to breakdown a design problem and define it for developing a solution
- Develop a Concept generation skill through practice
How best to utilize the course?
- Practice and more practice - There are multiple projects included in the course which challenge thinking and with deliberate practice will improve conceptualization skills.
This course focusses on "conceptual problem solving" rather than the accuracy and precision of complete product design . The concepts developed may not be optimal . The reason why input files are provided are to encourage alternative concepts and ideas.
Who this course is for:
- Practicing design engineers who want to upskill and enhance their conceptual skills
- Aspirant mechanical engineers looking to get a headstart
- Product developers or designers who want to design mechanical systems to solve problems
Mufaddal Rasheed is a mechanical design engineer and an inventor experienced in a role in Automotive R&D designing complete Chassis systems from Concept to production for SUV projects in Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd for 7 years . Part of a team which delivered a innovative modular chassis platform for 5 vehicles.
With knowledge of the complete product development process and the details of engineering systems, he brings to the table a combination of analytical and creative skills.
Currently working on multiple projects of his own towards becoming a serial inventor and educator in the area of Design engineering.
He is passionate about mechanical design and innovation and writes regularly on Quora with a Top writer badge.
Core belief is that engineering is a lifelong learning process and for a designer it is "the more you know the better you design".
Building a comprehensive knowledge system for mechanical design engineers and aspirants which would prepare an individual for engineering innovation at Mechademic
The Courses are focused on Practical aspects of Automotive and General Mechanical design engineering Targeted purely towards product development grounded in theory.
What students say about the courses according to 600+ sample surveys
97 % say they are learning valuable information
96 % say the explanation of concepts is clear
99 % say the instructor is knowledgeable in the subject