Measurement Uncertainty in TESTING - ISO/IEC 17025
What you'll learn
- Clear understanding of Basic Statistical Concepts.
- Understanding a testing activity in terms of mathematical model, to be able to identify the significant control factors for accuracy or validity of results.
- Will be able to estimate measurement uncertainty for all tests of the laboratory effectively, except microbiological testing (for which a different program is there).
- Will be able to formulate effective Quality Control Plan for the laboratory utilizing the uncertainty of measurements and also can identify the scope of improvement in quality of result.
- Will be able to apply “decision rule” utilizing the uncertainty of measurements, when it is required.
- A Degree or Diploma in Science or Engineering is desired.
- Awareness of EXCEL will be added advantage.
- Some Awareness of the Testing activities in laboratory will be added advantage.
This course gives step by step understanding of the basic statistical processes and working methodology for Estimation of Measurement Uncertainty in Testing Laboratory of various fields except Microbiological Testing.
This course is intended for the practicing scientists, engineers and managers working in testing and calibration laboratory or in the field of quality control activities of manufacturing organization, where testing laboratory is a part.
Participants will be able to estimate the uncertainty of measurement in their respective fields of testing , except microbiological testing, for which a separate course is there, since the methodology is significantly different.
Persons who are not clearly familiar with the basic statistical concepts of estimation of measurement uncertainty will get clear understanding about this, through this training.
Those who are already familiar with ISO/IEC 17025 laboratory accreditation system and has done the uncertainty estimations for measurements for their applications will definitely improve their understanding on the practical aspects of their activities for continual improvement.
Who this course is for:
- Technical Head of Laboratory.
- Quality System Heads (Quality Managers) who formulates internal and external quality control plan and monitor effectiveness of the testing laboratory QMS.
- Young engineers / scientists working in testing field and wants to enhance their career, with a formal added professional qualification and skill upgradation.
- Section In-charges in Laboratory in various technical functions.
- Any Individual providing consultancy in the field of ISO/IEC 17025 Laboratory Accreditation.
- Can be used for providing internal training to junior staffs of testing laboratory by casting these video training’s.
M. Tech in Materials Science and Engineering from IIT Kharagpur, India, Lean Six Sigma Black belt, Lead Auditor IATF 16949, Assessor in ISO/IEC 17025, having over 30 years of rich experience in quality assurance in automotive industry. Consultant and trainer in ISO/IEC 17025 laboratory accreditation, IATF - Core tools, Lean manufacturing, Six sigma, Field failure analysis, Metallurgy and Manufacturing process problem solving. Presently engaged in Training and consultancy in automotive manufacturing and laboratory field and Heading Labtech Institute (India).