Measurement Uncertainty in CALIBRATION - ISO/IEC 17025
What you'll learn
- Clear understanding of Basic Statistical Concepts for measurement uncertainty estimation.
- Understanding a calibration activity in terms of mathematical model, to be able to identify the significant control factors for accuracy or validity of results.
- Will be able to estimate measurement uncertainty for different groups of calibrations of the laboratory effectively.
- Will be able to formulate effective Quality Control Plan for the laboratory utilizing the uncertainty of measurements and also can identify the scope of improvement in quality of result.
- Will be able to apply “decision rule” utilizing the uncertainty of measurements, when it is required.
- Person should have a degree / diploma in science / engineering / technology.
- Person should have some involvement in operational function of the laboratory (calibration activity).
- Person should be familiar with working in excel for making simple documentation, calculation, formatting etc.
- An awareness of ISO/IEC 17025 standard would be added advantage.
This course is intended for the practicing scientists, engineers and managers working in calibration laboratory or in the field of quality control activities of manufacturing organization, where calibration laboratory is a part.
Participants will be able to estimate the uncertainty of measurement for different groups in the field of calibration.
Persons who are not clearly familiar with the basic statistical concepts of estimation of measurement uncertainty will get clear understanding about this, through this training.
Those who are already familiar with ISO/IEC 17025 laboratory accreditation system and has done the uncertainty estimations for measurements for their applications will definitely improve their understanding on the practical aspects of their activities for continual improvement.
Who this course is for:
- Technical Heads of testing and calibration laboratory.
- Young engineers / scientists working in calibration field and wants to enhance their career, with a formal added professional qualification and skill up-gradation.
- Quality System Heads (Quality Managers) who formulates internal and external quality control plan and monitor effectiveness of the laboratory QMS.
- Can be used for providing internal training to junior staffs of laboratory by casting these video training’s.
- An individual working as consultant in ISO/IEC 17025 field.
M. Tech in Materials Science and Engineering from IIT Kharagpur, India, Lean Six Sigma Black belt, Lead Auditor IATF 16949, Assessor in ISO/IEC 17025, having over 30 years of rich experience in quality assurance in automotive industry. Consultant and trainer in ISO/IEC 17025 laboratory accreditation, IATF - Core tools, Lean manufacturing, Six sigma, Field failure analysis, Metallurgy and Manufacturing process problem solving. Presently engaged in Training and consultancy in automotive manufacturing and laboratory field and Heading Labtech Institute (India).