Measurement System Analysis (MSA) Expert- Basics to Advanced
What you'll learn
- Basics of the Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Measurements of Accuracy and Precision
- The Effect of Poor Measurement System on the Product Quality
- Type 1 Gage Study - How to Perform and Interpret the Results of this Study?
- Run Chart - Using Run Chart to Get a Visual Understanding of the Measurement System
- Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility Studies (Crossed and Nested) - Understand Clearly Each and Every Number and Graph in the Output
- Attribute Agreement Analysis for Discrete Data - Clear Understanding of All Reports and Plots, Including Kappa Value and Kendall's Coefficient of Concordance
- No prior knowledge of Measurement System Analysis (MSA) is expected. This topic will be explained from the basics.
- Some understanding of statistical concepts will be helpful. However a high level overview of concepts such as Descriptive Statistics, Process Capability, Hypothesis Testing and ANOVA is included in this course.
Note: Students who complete this course have an option to apply for the certification exam by Quality Gurus Inc. and can achieve the Verified Certification from Quality Gurus Inc. It is optional and there is no separate fee for that.
Before you start taking measurements to ensure the quality of a product or a service, you need to make sure that you have a good measurement system in place. The data collected using a bad measurement system will lead you to the wrong conclusions.
In this course, you will learn about Measurement System Analysis (MSA) starting from the basics.
The course starts with the basic concepts related to measurement and measurement systems.
In this you will learn:
The effect of measurement system variation of the quality
Two categories of Measurement System Analysis: Gage Repeatability/Reproducibility (for numeric data) and Attribute Agreement Analysis (for discrete data)
Resolution and discrimination
Accuracy and precision
Measurements of accuracy: Bias, Linearity and Stability
Measurements of precision: Repeatability and Reproducibility
Type 1 Gage Study - Conditions for conducting, Minitab Example, Basic Statistics, Bias, Capability (Cg and Cgk), Percent Variation. In addition to the interpretation of the results, this section will also explain some basic concepts such as Hypothesis Testing and Process Capability.
Run Chart - This will show the results of gage study in an easy-to-understand graphical format.
Linearity and Bias Study
Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GRR) - Crossed - Range Method, Average and Range Method, ANOVA Method, Number of Distinct Categories (NDC). In addition to interpreting the results of the Crossed GRR Study, this section also covers a lecture to explain the basics of ANOVA.
Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GRR) - Nested - For destructive tests.
Attribute Agreement Analysis - for Nominal and Ordinal Data, Kappa Value and Kendall's Coefficient of Concordance (KCC)
Who this course is for:
- Quality Managers
- Quality Engineers
- Production Managers
- Anyone involved in the measurement process
ASQ ConnEx Expert, PMI-PMP, IRCA Registered Lead Auditor, ASQ - CSSBB, CQA, CQE, CMQ/OE, IIA - CIA
Sandeep Kumar has more than 35 years of Quality Management experience. He has worked as Quality Director on a number of projects, including Power, Oil and Gas and Infrastructure projects.
In addition, he provides coaching and consulting services to implement Lean Six Sigma to improve performance.
After successful completion of ASQ vetting, Sandeep Kumar has been designated as a genuine and authorized ASQConnEx expert. ASQConnEx is an education delivery system and network that vets, designates, and connects quality subject matter experts with organizations to advance their excellence journey.
His areas of specialization include Quality Assurance, ISO 9001:2015, Lean, Six Sigma, Risk Management, QMS Audits, Supplier Quality Surveillance, Supplier Pre-qualification, Construction Quality, Mechanical Inspection and Quality Training.
His professional qualifications/certifications include:
• Authorized ASQ ConnEx Expert
• ASQ-CSSBB, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
• ASQ-CMQ/OE Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence
• PMI-PMP Certified Project Management Professional
• IRCA Registered Lead Auditor (QMS-2015)
• IIA-CIA Certified Internal Auditor
• ASQ-CSSGB, Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
• ASQ-CQA Certified Quality Auditor
• ASQ-CQE Certified Quality Engineer
• ASQ-CSQP Certified Supplier Quality Professional