MBSR - Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
What you'll learn
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Have a reliable structure to support the delivery of MBSR sessions to individuals and groups
- Have access to a ready-made tool-box of resources to distribute and use with clients
- Be able to take advantage of the high demand for MBSR sessions
- A desire to help people find relief from the burden of stress
- An interest in the significance of stress and the benefits of mindfulness
- Time to study the course and practice the techniques
This Continuing Professional Development Course provides the knowledge and resources with which to deliver Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) sessions to individuals and groups.
It is primarily intended for those already experienced in facilitating a therapeutic, educational, or contemplative process, such as Yoga, Meditation, or Counseling, who want to expand their provisions to incorporate MBSR.
It is equally suitable for those seeking to include the delivery of MBSR Sessions as part of their occupation, such as Nurses, Occupational Therapists, and Educators.
For those without such experience, the Course provides a solid foundational introduction to facilitating MBSR which you can offer to friends and associates as a step towards working professionally.
It includes a complete downloadable toolkit for use with your clients including:
Printable Standard MBSR Meditation Script
Printable MBSR Journal Template
Printable Introductory MBSR e-Book
Audio MBSR Meditation
Video MBSR Meditation
Additionally, all videos in the course are downloadble so you can play them to prospective clients and supporters as part of introductory talks and presentations you may give.
The Course explains and illustrates:
The nature of stress and how it is caused
How and why stress can make us sick
How MBSR helps to alleviate Stress
How to conduct sessions using standard benchmark techniques and resources
How to structure and deliver MBSR sessions for individuals and groups
Who this course is for:
- Educators and Therapists who want to provide MBSR sessions for individuals and groups
- Professionals who want to apply MBSR techniques as part of their existing occupation or vocation
- Meditation Teachers who want to incorporate MBSR techniques into their classes
- Other facilitators of self-development processes who want to incorporate MBSR
I am widely recognized as a leading pioneer of human science and an expert on contemporary approaches to psychology.
For thirty-five years I have studied human nature and experience in an endeavour to understand how we hurt and how we heal.
I have worked as a consultant therapist with those in deep distress, supervised research graduates at universities internationally, trained practitioners from multiple clinical disciplines, and authored text books that remain seminal reading for specialist professionals.
My interest in psychology began as a means to comprehend a traumatising childhood and deepened while navigating a dreadful darkness during my middle years when life seemed to almost slip away.
I therefore know the terrain of our human strengths and vulnerabilities both personally and professionally.
Through my teaching I seek to explain and illustrate the intriguing complexities of human science in a way that is accessible and easy to understand without compromising accuracy.