MBA Course: Marketing and Business Strategy
What you'll learn
- Segmenting targeting positioning in Marketing
- Advance marketing concepts like BCG matrix ,Brand Mantra, BAV Model, Product Life cycle, Brand and line extension.
- Various marketing channels used by companies
- How to do sales and marketing of your product
- Business strategy used by startups.
- Amazon 3 key service business strategy to dominate the retail market.
- Unit economics matrix like Customer acquisition cot and customer life time value.
- Pricing strategy like Price Penetration, Price Bundling, and Price Skimming
- Problem with Aggregators, Platform business and Network effect
- Competitive attack like Flank, Position defence, preemptive, Counteroffensive attack etc
- How product recommendation engine of Netflix and amazon works
- Horizontal and vertical strategy used by Samsung
- Strategy used by market leader, market follower and Challenger
- best certification courses for mba marketing
- Marketing Mix i.e 4P’s (Product, Price, Place, Promotions) and 7P’s of Marketing.
- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats SWOT Analysis
- What are branding and the advantages of branding?
- Blue ocean and red ocean strategy
- Zero cost marketing strategy
- Product life cycle
- What is a business strategy Why do we need it
- Business Expansion strategy
- Business value proposition
MBA Marketing strategy course designed by an MBA graduate from the syllabus of top Universities in the world
This course is very helpful for all those who are either preparing for GMAT or planning to do an MBA. It is divided into four different sections like Marketing Basics Overview, Marketing insights and analysis, Branding and communication, and Business Strategy and will cover all the important topics of Marketing in MBA. The last section of the module will further help you in understanding various strategies used by companies
Section 1 Marketing Overview
What is marketing?
Demand wants and needs & Maslow's hierarchy of needs
How money flows in the Modern Economy
STP (Segmentation targeting and positioning)
Marketing Mix i. e 4P’s (Product, Price, Place, Promotions) and 7P’s of Marketing.
Section 2 Marketing insights and analysis
a) Analyzing Consumer
The adoption curve for any product or service
How Customer Insights helps in segmenting and targeting
b ) Business analysis
Product and market segmentation
Module 5 Startup Business Growth Metrics
Startup Growth Metrics Intro
Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) in Startup
Customer Lifetime Value (CLTV) in Startup
Monthly Reoccurring Revenue (MRR) in Startup
Unit Economics in Startup
Contribution Margin in Startup
Retention Rate and Cohorts in Startup
Churn Rate in Startup
Market Size for Startup
d) Marketing Information System
Types of data
What is a Marketing Intelligence system
Types of data used in MIS
Data-driven recommendation engine
How does a recommendation engine work?
3. Marketing communication and branding
What is branding and the advantages of branding?
Types of branding?
Tesla brand positioning and Product differentiation using POP and POD (perceptual map)
Emotional branding and Brand mantra(Communicate simplify and inspire)
Brand equity (Perception, preference, and behavior)
BAV model and brand resonance model
Line extension product extension and category extension
Service marketing Service marketing triangle
4. Business Strategy (Sales and Expansion)
What is a business strategy Why do we need it
Market structure(leader, challenger, follower, and nickers strategy )
Porter five competitive forces (Competitive rivalry, Threat of new entrance, Power of suppliers, Power of customers, Threat of substitute products)
Marketing competition and Defensive marketing (preemptive, counteroffensive, flank, contraction, mobile attack)
Follower strategy ( product imitation, conscious parallelism cloner, imitator, and adapter)
Samsung Horizontal and vertical expansion to achieve economy of scope and economy of scale.
Amazon killing competition strategy using diversification
Apple ecosystem strategy
Product life cycle
Expanding the market share pie using the Ansoff matrix
Price cut strategy (low-quality trap, fragile market share trap, shallow pockets trap, price war trap)
Who this course is for:
- Business graduate from college.
- Budding Entrepreneur and startup founders
- Engineer curious to learn some MBA concepts
- Product Managers
- Founders and CEO
- Financial analyst
I am Navdeep an MBA graduate from IBS Hyderabad.
I worked at various SaaS and Healthcare Startups like GUMLET, Digi-Prex as a Product Manager.
I work closely with entrepreneurs, startup incubators, and Accelerators to help startups build new products, revamp their business models, and enhance the customer experience.