Maya & Unreal 3D Character Kpop Dance Animation Fundamentals
- 8.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Animating with Keyframes using Autodesk Maya
- Understanding Unreal Engine's A.R.T. rigging tools for Autodesk Maya Animation Creation Process
- Animating Production Ready Dance Animation
- Learn Step by Step How to Animation in Layers Using VIdeo Reference to Create Pro Level Game Animations in Maya
- Animation Ready for Exporting Character Animation to Unreal Engine or Unity Game Engine
- VFX creation timing for production ready game asset (animated texture, mesh, and effect)
- Understanding Production Process of Animation Using Unreal Engine's A.R.T. rigging tools for Autodesk Maya
Please remember to rate your instructor/course and leave comments about the course. It is very important for us to also hear your feedback on what we are doing well, and what we can improve on in future courses, and how to improve the current course. We appreciate the time you take for being a valuable student of ours!
Posing, body, hands, fingers for starting position, and setting up character position
Time lapse sections of polish plus phase to get animations to the next level of detail.
Refining footwork polish
Core Pose Refinement - Cleaning up the heart dance core movements to delay motion and add weight to the performance
Upper Body Polish Hands/Arms
Additional Arm Polish Animation
- No prior knowledge of Autodesk Maya, Unity, or Unreal Engine needed.
- The course utilizes Maya 2018, but prior knowledge of any 3d animation/modeling package is a plus.
- Programming is a plus, but not required.
- All Concepts Taught Can Be Applied to Any Animation Software or Animation Creation Process of User's Choice
- No VFX experience necessary
Welcome, and thanks for choosing Class Creative’s Maya & Unreal: 3D Character Kpop Dance Animation Fundamentals | Complete Guide From Beginners to Pros | Body Mechanics & VFX Basics!!
In this foundation course we will be learning the fundamentals of Character Animation for games (specifically for the Unreal engine, but this method will also work for other game engines such as Unity).
Learn everything necessary for a Character Animation Dance (Kpop example) utilizing Autodesk Maya taught by a AAA game professional with university level accredited instruction! This process can be applied to any style of dance animation for your project!
Autodesk Maya is the industry standard 3D animation software, understanding the concepts in this course will help you land a job in the game, film, tv, or music industry. In this course you will learn how to rig and animate your custom created character from scratch.
We will cover the following core skill sets:
Getting started with Maya and understanding the animation process
Understanding how to utilize the reference image plane in Maya to create a realistic game engine ready Dance (Kpop) Animation
Strong Fundamentals of Animation Body Mechanics
Process of using IK/FK controllers and best practices of Unreal Engine's A.R.T. tools for Autodesk Maya
How to create animation timing for VFX using 3 different styles of rigs (animated texture, mesh, and visual effect rig)
Animation timing of these VFX rigs for pipeline production process
Unreal Engine's A.R.T. rigging tools for Autodesk Maya
Understanding hotkeys to animate and rig quickly
Animating with keyframes
Animating a production ready dance animation (Kpop) quickly and efficiently
Advanced polish process to create professional level animation ready for game engine (Unreal/Unity) export
***NOTE Course does NOT include custom character mesh. ART tools will include mannequin mesh which will allow all animation and lessons to be animated without a mesh or completing a custom rig. Course is strictly showing the process of animating a character of choice, for ANY character regardless of software or rig limitations.
We’ll be utilizing the latest software packages that top tier gaming studios of today use to create all of your favorite titles!
Autodesk Maya, Unreal Engine’s Maya Animation Rigging Toolset (A.R.T. for short), and the Unreal game engine.
Why Learn From Class Creatives?
This course features an accredited university level animation instructor who has over 15 years of experience animating both keyframe, and motion capture for studios such as Naughty Dogg, Guerilla Games, Sucker Punch, Google, Disney and more. Whether it be a complex hyper realistic animation or a cartoony stylized “Disney” character animation it ALL starts with the fundamentals which we cover in these lectures.
Who This Course is For:
Whether you are just a beginner interested in Character Animation, or a Master professional looking to brush up on your current skill set, this course has material you surely won’t want to miss!
As with all Class Creative’s courses, we’ve laid out a structure that covers the full spectrum of industry standard character workflows from start to finish.
Please remember, if this is your first time creating animating a 3D character, we highly recommend that you follow the outline carefully, according to how our instructor’s have structured the course. We wouldn’t want you to miss out on any details!
However, if you are an advanced user and are looking for something specific to add to your repertoire feel free to dive in and skip to any sections you’d like to focus on.
- Competency using a computer.
- Developers who want to add game development to their skill-set.
- Anyone with a passion for learning game development.
- Anyone who wants the ability to create assets for games.
- Anyone Interested in Character Animation
- Anyone Wanting to Develop New Skills for Unreal Engine, or Unity