Maya & Unreal: 3D Character Animation Jump Flip Fundamentals
What you'll learn
- Animating with Keyframes using Autodesk Maya
- Understanding Unreal Engine's A.R.T. rigging tools for Autodesk Maya Animation Creation Process
- Animating Production Ready Jump Flip Animation Cycle
- Learn Step by Step How to Animation in Layers Using VIdeo Reference to Create Pro Level Game Animations in Maya
- Exporting Character Animation to Unreal Engine or Unity Game Engine
- Understanding Production Process of Animation Using Unreal Engine's A.R.T. rigging tools for Autodesk Maya
- No prior knowledge of Autodesk Maya, Unity, or Unreal Engine needed.
- The course utilizes Maya 2018, but prior knowledge of any 3d animation/modeling package is a plus.
- Programming is a plus, but not required.
- All Concepts Taught Can Be Applied to Any Animation Software or Animation Creation Process of User's Choice
Welcome, and thanks for choosing Class Creative’s Maya & Unreal: 3D Animation Jump Flip Fundamentals | Complete Guide From Beginners to Pros | Body Mechanics!!
In this foundation course we will be learning the fundamentals of Character Animation for games (specifically for the Unreal engine, but this method will also work for other game engines such as Unity).
Learn everything necessary for a Character Animation Jump Flip utilizing Autodesk Maya taught by a AAA game professional with university level accredited instruction!
Autodesk Maya is the industry standard 3D animation software, understanding the concepts in this course will help you land a job in the game, film, tv, or music industry. In this course you will learn how to animate your custom created character from scratch.
We will cover the following core skill sets:
Getting started with Maya and understanding the animation process
Understanding how to utilize the reference image plane in Maya to create a realistic game engine ready Jump Flip Animation
Strong Fundamentals of Animation Body Mechanics
Process of using IK/FK controllers and best practices of Unreal Engine's A.R.T. tools for Autodesk Maya
How to Blend Custom Animations to Existing Idle to Create a Loophole and Programmable Animation
Unreal Engine's A.R.T. rigging tools for Autodesk Maya
Understanding hotkeys to animate and rig quickly
Animating with keyframes
Animating a production ready jump flip quickly and efficiently
Exporting the character rig, and animation to the Unreal Engine
***NOTE Course does NOT include custom character mesh. ART tools will include mannequin mesh which will allow all animation and lessons to be animated without a mesh or completing a custom rig. Course is strictly showing the process of animating a character of choice, for ANY character regardless of software or rig limitations. Maya 2022 for Mac OS (Pc/Linux Maya 2022 both currently support Python 2) currently only supports Python 3; the Art tools will require Python 2 which is currently only supported in Maya 2020 on Mac OS.
We’ll be utilizing the latest software packages that top tier gaming studios of today use to create all of your favorite titles!
Autodesk Maya, Unreal Engine’s Maya Animation Rigging Toolset (A.R.T. for short), and the Unreal game engine.
Why Learn From Class Creatives?
This course features an accredited university level animation instructor who has over 15 years of experience animating both keyframe, and motion capture for studios such as Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Guerilla Games, Sucker Punch, Google, Disney and more. Whether it be a complex hyper realistic animation or a cartoony stylized “Disney” character animation it ALL starts with the fundamentals which we cover in these lectures.
Who This Course is For:
Whether you are just a beginner interested in Character Rigging and Animation, or a Master professional looking to brush up on your current skill set, this course has material you surely won’t want to miss!
As with all Class Creative’s courses, we’ve laid out a structure that covers the full spectrum of industry standard character workflows from start to finish.
Please remember, if this is your first time creating rigging or animating a 3D character, we highly recommend that you follow the outline carefully, according to how our instructor’s have structured the course. We wouldn’t want you to miss out on any details!
However, if you are an advanced user and are looking for something specific to add to your repertoire feel free to dive in and skip to any sections you’d like to focus on.
Who this course is for:
- Competency using a computer.
- Developers who want to add game development to their skill-set.
- Anyone with a passion for learning game development.
- Anyone who wants the ability to create assets for games.
- Anyone Interested in Character Animation
- Anyone Wanting to Develop New Skills for Unreal Engine, or Unity
Annie, Emmy, and Game of the Year award winning professional industry experience (25+ yrs) and accredited university level instruction (10+ yrs). Instructors featured from studios such as Walt Disney Animation, Walt Disney Television, Google, Nintendo, Naughty Dog, Sony Computer Ent, Insomniac Games, Sucker Punch, Guerrilla Games, Infinity Ward, and more!
From beginners to industry veterans, Class Creatives provides an inclusive group of professional instructors for all 3D game development, design, music, sfx, and programming related tutorials!
Questions? Suggestions for a new course? Visit our community page and let us know.
Stay up to date on our instagram @classcreatives