Maya 2018 VFX - Learn to create Visual effects using Maya
- 12.5 hours on-demand video
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn the VFX pipleline for a shot
- Matchmove or track a cameras motion in Matchmover
- Basic hard surface modeling
- Look development using Maya and Arnold renderer
- Composite using Nuke
- Students should have a good basic knowledge of Maya before taking this course
- A minimum of 16 gb of ram for smoke simulation and rendering
- Maya 2018 or 2017
- Download latest version of Arnold version 184.108.40.206 or above
In this intermediate level course, you will be taken through a VFX shot from start to finish by creating a crashed spaceship complete with CGI smoke!
Start by matching the movement of your real camera in the computer using Autodesk Matchmover which is available for FREE.
You will then model your spaceship using the industry standard Maya 2018 and unwrap the objects UVs so you can create textures.
You will then go on to light your shot to match the background using the industry standard Arnold renderer which is included in Maya 2018.
Finally you will output render passes using Arnold AOVs and Maya render setup, and composite them together using the industry standard compositor Nuke to make your final shot.
This course is designed to give you as much information as possible for you to create your own shots using the same workflow.
Take this course today to start creating photorealistic VFX shots!
- Anyone who wants to add a model made in the computer to video footage
- Anyone who wants to create smoke in Maya
- Anyone one who wants to get into the VFX industry
- Anyone who wants to composite Computer graphics into live action footage
In this lesson we will use Nuke to convert our movie into an image sequencer that Matchmover can import.