Maya 2017 - Create realistic images using Arnold renderer
What you'll learn
- Render realistic images using Arnold renderer inside Maya
- Use the different light types in Arnold
- Use the aiStandard shader to create wood, glass and metal materials
- Use the aiSkin material to make cheese and grape materials
- Use the Arnold render view to troubleshoot and diagnose renders
- Know how to use the Arnold depth of field controls
- Know how to use samples to reduce grain in an image
- Use sets to smooth objects at render time in Arnold
- Use displacement in Arnold
- Use textures and optimize them using tx maps
- Autodesk Maya 2017 or above
- Basic knowledge of Maya including viewport navigation and selecting objects
- Basic rendering using lights, shaders and the renderview
Autodesk Maya 2017 now comes with the industry standard Arnold renderer. Arnold is used by many visual effects and animations studios to produce stunning imagery for films and TV.
3 reasons learn this powerful renderer:
- Make yourself more attractive to potential employers.
- Take your work to the next level of realism.
- Easier to learn than nearly all other renderers.
This course is designed for anyone who wants to learn to use Arnold to create great images from beginner level. You will learn to light and shade a scene from start to finish, covering fundamentals along the way. This course will take you through a practical project rather than going over endless settings with a sphere.
You must use Maya 2017 or above and be familiar with the basics of Maya including selecting objects, navigating the viewport and basic rendering. If you are new to Maya I would recommend completing my Learn Maya - A Beginners guide to Creating Realistic Scenes course.
Sign up today and start learning the same software as the professionals and take your work to the next level!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn to use Arnold renderer from beginner level
- Mental ray users who have upgraded to Maya 2017 and want to learn Arnold
- All models are included so there is no modelling required to compete the project
Bhaumik is a visual effects artist and bestselling instructor with 16 years of experience in computer graphics. Four of those years were spent creating and teaching courses at Escape Studios. He spent the early part of his career in the games industry as an animator and rigger. Later he moved into the visual effects industry working on commercials, TV, VR and Film visual effects.