Mentorship At Work For Veterinarians
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Have more effective mentoring conversations that motivate new vets and accelerate their learning.
- Create a mentoring environment that fosters enthusiasm and a learning culture.
- Attract and keep top veterinarians and staff.
- Develop a practical and effective mentorship plan for each employee.
- Students who are currently managing others tend to get the most from this course since they can immediately apply what they learn in their work environment. If you are not currently managing others you will still gain ideas and develop mentorship skills that you can apply in any workplace.
We are all mentors in the workplace. Some are much better than others. This course will help you become a better mentor regardless of your current level of proficiency.
Mentorship is an essential skill for modern veterinarians. Do it right and you get dedicated and motivated veterinarians and support staff. Mentorship is a skill that can be learned and improved. If you want to reduce staff turnover, improve motivation and increase skill development and knowledge transfer in the workplace, this is the course for you.
This workshop is unique as its content was created by interviewing veterinarians from all stages of their career paths. The course if comprised of 35 lectures divided into five sections. The first section shows the role that mentorship currently has in various veterinary clinics and explains the role it has in the development of new veterinarians. Section 2 presents the mentorship conversation and gives students a detailed process for having productive mentorship conversations with their new vets or support staff. Sections 3 and 4 include detailed examples of what successful veterinarians do to be great mentors. Lastly, Section 5 presents a detailed roadmap that students and customize and adopt to create successful mentorship relationship within their workplace.
The content for this course is a compilation of proven mentoring practices that are presented through a series of videos, worksheets and a detailed handbook.
This workshop provides veterinarians with the knowledge and tools necessary to become better mentors. With the use of proven, real-life examples, the course shows how to create work environments that promote knowledge transfer and skill development.
- Practicing veterinarians managing newly graduated veterinarians, technicians or other clinic staff.