Digital Signal Processing (DSP) From Ground Up™ with MATLAB
- 5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Be able to perform convolution with matlab
- Be able to perform Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) with matlab
- Be able to perform Inverse Fast Fourier Transform (IFFT) with matlab
- Be able to perform spectral analysis of ECG signals with matlab
- Be able to design Finite Impulse Response (FIR) filters with matlab
- Be able to design Infinite Impulse Response (IIR) filters with matlab
- Be able to compute the Running Sum of a signal with matlab
- Be able to compute the First Difference of a signal with matlab
- Be able to compute the Moving Average of a signal with matlab
- Be able to build passive Low-pass and High-pass filters
- Be able to build Modified Sallen-Key filters
- Be able to build Bessel, Chebyshev and Butterworth filters
- Understand all about Linear Systems and the characteristics
- Understand how to synthesize and decompose signals
- Having basic programming skills is a plus
With a programming based approach, this course is designed to give you a solid foundation in the most useful aspects of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) in an engaging and easy to follow way. The goal of this course is to present practical techniques while avoiding obstacles of abstract mathematical theories. To achieve this goal, the DSP techniques are explained in plain language, not simply proven to be true through mathematical derivations.
Still keeping it simple, this course comes in different programming languages and hardware architectures so that students can put the techniques to practice using a programming language or hardware architecture of their choice. This version of the course uses the MATLAB programming language.
By the end of this course you should be able to perform Convolution with matlab, perform Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT) with matlab, perform Inverse Discrete Fourier Transform (IDFT) with matlab , design and develop Finite Impulse Response (FIR) filters with matlab, design and develop Infinite Impulse Response (IIR) filters with matlab, develop Windowed-Sinc filters with matlab, build Modified Sallen-Key filters, build Bessel, Chebyshev and Butterworth filters, even give a lecture on DSP and so much more. Please take a look at the full course curriculum.
Some of the theory in this course is based on "The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing" by Steven W. Smith. You can download a free copy online.
- Engineering Students
- Embedded Systems Engineers
- Embedded Systems Instructors