MATLAB Basics for Beginners - Learn from Top Experts
- MATLAB already installed on your PC, free license works too
- No Prior Coding Knowledge is Required
- You will need ZIP software like WinZip or WinRar, to Unzip/Unrar the Source Code files
- Desire and Need to Learn MATLAB
This course will transform you from a MATLAB Novice into a MATLAB Master. The course was developed under the strict oversight of Hristo Zhivomirov who is one of the top 50 MATLAB contributors Worldwide (search for his name in Google).
The course is structured in a way that is suitable for both beginners and those that already have some experience with MATLAB, there is a lot of information for everyone.
Everything in our world today can be viewed as some kind of a matrix, and I’m not talking about the Matrix Trilogy. For example
Measuring the temperature of a patient every 2 hours, can be represented with a one dimensional matrix, which is also called a vector
Monochromatic (black and white) image is a two dimensional matrix, the values in each cell in the matrix is representing the gradation of the gray color
Measuring temperature in a room for example, rooms are 3D, so we need x, y, z to describe the position at which we take our measurements, and the value is the temperature, that is a three dimensional matrix
Measure now the change of that temperature over a period of time and the temperature becomes a fourth dimension
Now add time in the mix and you get… a fifth dimension!
Actually MATLAB has no restrictions on dimensions, you can work with 4, 5, 6 and more dimensions in a single matrix!
How to handle The Matrix: It is not necessary to look for the red pill, like Neo had to – what you actually need is MATLAB, which means MATrix LABoratory contrary to popular belief. MATLAB is a programming language of high level and interactive programming environment that lets you easily implement numeric experiments and methods, allowing you to design algorithms, analyze data and visualize that data in a very, very powerful way.
You will learn:
Variables, everything you need to know about variables in matlab, their types or lack of types, converting between different types, naming conventions, the semicolon operator and more
Basic Arithmetic Operations in MATLAB, the most important thing in this section of the course are the Brackets and the Order of operations, many beginners get lost when they encounter complex expressions, and you will become a master of those
Right after that we are diving into deep waters starting with Vectors, you will learn how to think in vectors and perform a variety of different operations on and with vectors. Concatenating vectors, extracting or selecting subvectors, and more
Matrices are next on the line, but you wont need any pills, because I have you covered, you will learn everything you need to know about working with Matrices in MATLAB and you will also learn a trick in this section that will help you optimize your code and make it run up to 100 times faster!
Data visualization, because, well, whats the point of working with Data if you cant understand it or share it with other people, visualizing data is key in any area of work
And finally we get to the actual MATLAB Programming by utilizing conditional statements, loops and functions to control the flow of your code, write less code, and make your code modular.
Each section contains a source code file at the end so that you can download and review the code that I have written in the lectures!
I hope that you will enjoy this course, as much as I did creating it, so lets dive right into it!
I welcome you to the course!
- Anyone who has interest in working with Data
- Get To Know Your Workspace!04:35
- Create Your Own Workspace Layout!06:58
- Save Your Work In a File & The Holy Trinity of All (almost) M Files04:16
- Variables Intro06:11
- Types in MATLAB01:51
- Naming Conventions04:19
- The Semicolon Operator01:59
- Basic Arithmetic Operations in MATLAB04:52
- Order of Operations - Brackets, Become a Master of Brackets06:19
- Intro to Vectors - What are Vectors?10:57
- Arithmetic Operations On Vectors07:23
- Concatenating Vectors04:41
- Intro to Matrices08:24
- Arithmetic Operations on Matrices07:27
- Creating a Basic Plot04:05
- Customizing a Plot - Color, LineStyle, LineWIdth, Markers and More06:08
- The Logical Operators Explained03:03
- Introduction to Conditional Statements - If/Else With Relational Operators09:38
- How A Loop Works02:36
- Indexing a Vector with a For Loop08:26
- What is a Function?02:48
- Your First Function - Input Arguments on Functions10:19
- Bonus Lecture: Get My Other Courses With a Discount and Further Your Knowledge06:06
I have graduated at Technical University of Varna as a Robotics Engineer. With several years of experience as a Passionate Developer and Engineer, I am now an Online Entrepreneur. Teaching is one of my passions, and what better and more impactful way to teach, than to do it online with thousands of students?
Currently focusing on providing quality education to tens of thousands of students across the globe, on subjects including:
- Programming, focusing on the C# Programming Language
- MATLAB, because this is a scientific tool that no scientist can do without
- Running Online Businesses that Earn Passive Income
For the past four years I have focused on the above and I have never stepped into the 9 to 5 world, I have worked in a company only once in my entire life and it lasted only 2 months. That's when I realized that, I can't learn the things that I want and I can't buy the things that I want buy working for someone else. You should start working for yourself aswell!
It does not matter if you want to become a developer or to run niche sites around the web, you can do both of these things in your own time as a freelancer or a business owner. And I can teach you how to do both of these things.
A little more about me:
I love tinkering with mechanics and with computers, currently obsessed with my Golf VR6. You can hit me up for some mechanic nerd talking. I love playing Dota 2 from time to time when I am resting, I love hikes and my cat, and I am a huge fan of most TV Serials.