Mathematics Problem Solving using the Math Model Method
- You should be able to do simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Why are students from Singapore able to do well in international tests? Are they taught with a special pedagogy? Have they been exposed to a special way of visualising complex mathematical concepts?
Imagine, learning Mathematics, the Singaporean way, in the comfort of your own home. This is what I am going to help you with.
So, what's the secret?
Singaporean students have been taught to visualise concepts and solve problems using the Model Method, or, the Bar Modelling Method. I will be sharing the fundamentals of how to use this method to aid in the understanding of Mathematics and you can use it to help your child with Mathematics at home.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn the secret behind Singapore's success in the teaching and learning of Mathematics.
- 02:09What is this strange method I used to solve the question?
- 01:02What you will learn from this course?
- 03:29Model Drawing for Addition
- 02:20Model Drawing for Subtraction
- 02:18Model Drawing for Multiplication
- 01:46Model Drawing for Division
- 02:52Model Drawing Applied to Problem Solving - 1
- 02:52Model Drawing Applied to Problem Solving - 2
- 02:52Model Drawing Applied to Problem Solving - 3
- 05:14Model Drawing Applied to Problem Solving - 4
- 04:26Model Drawing Applied to Problem Solving - 5
- 05:07Model Drawing Applied to Problem Solving - 6
- 04:39Model Drawing Applied to Problem Solving - 7
I am a trained teacher from Singapore with more than a decade of experience in the teaching of Mathematics to Primary School students in Singapore.
Helping students with complex Mathematical concepts has always been my passion and I have been teaching Mathematics to primary school students since 2005. Through my experiences with hundreds of students, I firmly believe that Mathematics can be taught in a fun and pictorial way.