Mathematics Grade 8 (2 of 5) - Patterns, Functions & Algebra
What you'll learn
- Understand, in detail, the module Patterns, Functions & Algebra, including Numeric and Geometric Patterns, Functions and Relationships, Algebraic Expressions and Algebraic Equations.
- Take the next step in their mathematically journey with a solid mathematically foundation
- Critically apply mathematics to real world situations as well as have your mathematic knowledge extended past the classroom
- Basic foundation phase mathematics. Including your number line, ability to draw shapes and graphs
- Must have completed Elementary school (US) or Grade 6 or 7 (UK) mathematics
Welcome to this Mathematics Grade 8 course, module 2 of 5 on Patterns, Functions & Algebra.
The aim of this course is for it to be taught in a 21st century mindset. The course is actually fun, it uses technology, the internet and general knowledge to better equip a student for real life applications.
This course is intended for absolutely age 12-14 years old whom already has a foundation phase understanding in Mathematics. This course is also suitable for any end of middle-school to start of High School (US) or Grade 7-9 (UK) teachers who want to improve upon classroom teaching methods.
This course is packed with 2+ hours of video content encouraging students to answer questions throughout the videos. There are 5 modules in total, this is module 2.
1. Numbers, Operations & Relationships.
2. Patterns, Functions & Algebra.
3. Space and Shape.
5. Data Handling.
The course has been broken into 5 modules to i) allow students to only enroll in what sections they are struggling with, ii) save the parent or student cost as each module is the price of a tutoring lesson and lastly, iii) to encourage students to break goals into bite-sized chunks. There is 16+ hours of video in all five modules.
This course is intended to be a resource to help students throughout the year, it can be completed slowly and referred to throughout your year of study. The course has been broken down into the following sub-sections, each containing their own set of videos:
- Numeric and Geometric Patterns.
- Functions and Relationships.
- Algebraic Expressions.
- Algebraic Equations.
Who this course is for:
- Students age 12-14 wanting to improve their mathematics
- Set at Grade 8 level this can be any student at the end of middle school, start of high school (US) or grade 7-9 (UK)
- Any relevant mathematics teachers wanting to improve upon classroom teaching methods.
- Anyone wanting to build a strong foundation in introductory mathematics
- Students from all over the world learning or wanting to learn mathematics in English can take this course, it is a cross-syllabus course
- Anyone bored with the way mathematics is taught in the classroom and wanting a new exciting take on the subject
Born and bred on the foothills of Table Mountain, Cape Town, South Africa. Electro-Mechanical Engineer and Running fanatic. I have been running as long as I can remember anything from 100m to 100km, in the mountains, on the road and on the track. I am constantly on the search for new information and adventures.