Master Materialize and code 3 projects with 9 pages
What you'll learn
- Learn how to create and use all elements, collections, views and modules of the Materialize framework
- Learn how to create three different responsive websites using the Materialize framework
- Practice with 19 coding exercises and a special built Materialize Learning Kit (100+ source files)
- Master the latest version: Materialize 1.0.0
- How to creating fluid and responsive layouts
- How to use breakpoints and the grid system
- How to structure all kinds of content
- How to use all of the 9 types of CSS classes
- How to build all of the 12 components
- How to build all of the 9 components for forms
- Project 1: Create a Resume and CV Page
- Project 2: Create a Small Business Website
- Project 3: Create a Knowledge Base
- Basic understanding of HTML
- A code editor and a browser
Materialize - one of the world's most popular front-end frameworks!
This course covers all the different parts of the latest version of one of the world's most popular front-end framework, Materialize 1.0.0. Materialize has been used by thousands of people around the world and have been carefully developed to cover a wide range of typical user interfaces.
Web pages built with Materialize works across all kinds of devices, browsers and screen sizes and will have a clean and modern design.
This course is for the beginner who want to learn Materialize from the bottom up. It goes through all the different parts, but each lecture can be watched independently.
In addition to just learning about the different parts of Materialize you will find a detailed walk-through of how to build three different responsive and modern complete projects using only Materialize.
Learn to build the following projects using Materialize:
Project 1: Resume and CV Page
Project 2: Small Business Website
Project 3: Knowledge Base
More than just video lectures
In addition to the video lectures this course contains the following kinds of learning materials:
19 coding exercises:
A total of 99 automatic tests against your code. This is one of the best ways to learn how to code - no downloads or installations required.
Materialize Learning Kit:
Downloadable ZIP file that works offline
A custom built learning kit with source code for all parts of Materialize. Features a reference section with many examples and a practice section, which you can use while learning about Materialize. More than 100 source files included in this learning kit.
Upcoming future updates for this course will include the following:
New projects will be added: online shop, social network, portfolio, CMS admin, dashboard and more...
New components, utilities and other features in future versions of Materialize will be added
Advanced section on how to customize Materialize with Sass
Quizzes and assignments
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn how to make responsive and modern websites with Materialize
- Anyone who wants to learn how to make quick prototypes
My name is Jeppe Schaumburg Jensen and I'm a teacher in topics related to front-end development, interaction design, music and productivity.
I started developing websites for desktop computers in 1999 and in 2000 I started developing my first websites for the mobile web as well.
I have been a graduate teaching assistant in an introductory course about web design and development.
I currently work as a front-end developer at one of the biggest global web agencies, Isobar.
I have a Master of Science in Information Technology with a specialization in Interaction Design and User Experience.
I have worked as a user experience designer at the biggest Danish online webshop: Saxo.
When not working with the web I work as a professional musician, mostly playing the drums in various bands. I also consider myself as an expert in using Ableton Live for live performances, with a lot of experience in how to create and use backing tracks.
I have spent many hours to improve my workflow and productivity by reading books about the topic and experimenting with different techniques, tools, software and apps.