Public Speaking Success - The Ultimate Guide
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 hour on-demand audio
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- present ideas with confidence, poise and charisma and ensure that messages are remembered and outcomes are influenced
- fully appreciate the "etiquette" of big stage presentations
- completely understand the nature of your audience whether a few people at the local Starbucks or 10,000 in a major auditorium
- use your own voice as a wonderfully influential tool
- Nothing is required before taking this course - phew!! :)
***COURSE UPDATED June 2016***
Whether you have an upcoming pitch, presentation, speech or meeting - HOW you present yourself and your ideas makes ALL the difference. It's an essential element of career success - and YOUR key to the most valuable opportunities.
Master the Art of Presentation and Instantly Benefit from an Enhanced Level of Persuasion, Influence and Respect.
Learning from hugely successful course tutor - Keynote speaker and author, Mark Jeffries - This “conversational" and “engaging" course will raise your level and significantly improve your confidence and delivery for that next presentation or speech.
Mark has spoken in front of more than 180,000 people at conferences and events around the world - within this video-based course, he will share exactly what you need to know to plan, prepare and deliver your next presentation.
Contents and Overview
Mark will take you directly onto the stage of both his OWN performances and behind the scenes, giving you the inside track.
- You will also learn how to understand and anticipate the needs of your audience.
- You will see how to take full advantage of the stage - whether big or small.
- Discover 'must-know' facts about microphones and lighting.
- You will be talked through the power of your voice and how little tricks can have a major impact.
- You will be shown the SIX keys to presentation influence AND why TIME really matters (Teach, Inspire, Motivate, Entertain).
Mark will be your mentor and coach guiding you through uses of humor, pace, diction and in a truly unique new approach - you will get to join Mark in a “Live-Read" Duet - matching Mark in a clever read through of a downloadable PDF.
By the end of this course You will have learned how to create, compose and deliver key, memorable messages… to create genuine influence and master the Art of Presentation.
- This course is designed for people looking to create an impact and an impression in the business world. Ideas, concepts and techniques are provided for people looking to significantly improve their presentation style whether in meetings or on the big stage.
- you should take this course if you need to pitch ideas or concepts or instructions to other people and want them to listen, understand, remember and - most importantly - follow YOUR suggestions.
- Take this course if you are looking to be a great story-teller and guide people in how they think and feel about any number of situations
- This course is for you if you want to make a successful living out of being PAID speaker
- If you are a nervous or anxious speaker - the ideas and methods in this course will improve and enhance your whole experience
- This course is NOT for this people who will never present or speak in front of their colleagues, co-workers or friends
- Got a speech to give at a wedding or Barmitzvah?? This will be the best time you have invested in preparing for that moment
A chance for me to tell you a bit about what I do, who I speak in front of and how my ideas and experience can be of great benefit to you, your speaking and your career. Plus - find out a little more about this course and how it can elevate all aspects of how you present yourself and your amazing ideas.
Let's start this journey. In this Intro, we'll look at just how many opportunities open up to you when you take the plunge and truly engage in a public speaking drive. I'll also share with you how the course is put together and how best to benefit from the content, ideas and techniques soon to be revealed.
So, who exactly is this audience of yours? This is a question you absolutely must ask yourself before even planning your comments. Don't worry though, help is at hand - here is a great way to consider the essential elements of the people who will be taking in your message.
Part of the initial planning for your speech, pitch or key message is understanding how the content will resonate with your audience - will they understand, is it in their language - do they even care??? To be truly successful in this part of your planning, you need to consider YOUR message from THEIR perspective.
Most people don't even think about the microphone they'll be putting on your person - or the process of checking your "levels". However, having a good knowledge of the technology and the process will give you a leading edge. Here is what you need to know.
With every audience I address and every executive or politician I coach, I always share this crucial checklist for a successful presentation - It might look like I'm talking about the timing of your piece, but I am not - T.I.M.E is a list of FOUR essential roles that you must play during your upcoming presentation. Ignore them at your peril!
Have you ever wished that a presentation, in which YOU were an audience member, had gone on for longer? Nope - me neither! So how should you manage the time given to you and how can you give your audience a "time" gift for which they will always be grateful?
The number one question I get asked about presenting is "What should I do with my hands?" A great question and here is your answer!
It's not a full emergency yet..but it might be!! In this traveling lecture, take a chance to re-examine three crucial elements of your upcoming pitch or presentation. If you are not being Sincere, Original and Specific, your presentation cannot be a true success. It's time to re-examine your message and apply this unique SOS...
When I coach Executives and Politicians, face to face, we often now do a "Speech Duet." This is where I lead by reading their speech in a manner that I know will be the most powerful, effective and memorable. My client, simultaneously reading the same speech, then matches my speed and tone and, in so doing, enhances their own delivery style. It's very effective and in this chapter - WE can do the same thing using a generic section of speech. (You can find that downloadable PDF right here within this chapter). Try it out and let me know what you think.
In this opening section to the "BRAINS of influence", you will be introduced to the thinking behind these crucial concepts and we'll go straight into the first element - the B...."Bridging" - a key "Social proof" technique allowing you to connect people, who are already benefitting from your ideas, with those who could well be interested.
In this lecture, we move to the second of the six keys to influence - Rationalizing. This is an approach that works particularly well on the intellects - the people who simply need to see how your idea “adds up”. Within a presentation or a pitch, appealing to the intellects with your rational approach can pay dividends. Here's how…
Whilst this course is not about being an on-camera "personality", there are some essential skills of which you should be aware! Sometimes - you may have to address a camera before or after your speech. In fact, nowadays, with Facetime, Skype, WhatsApp video, Snapchat and Vine, Speaking to Camera is an essential skill - so here are a few quick but vitally important tips to help you look and sound amazing!
Whilst I do NOT recommend using this super secret method when you are live on stage - it really works a treat when you have to “memorize” sections of text or a script for delivery to camera. The beauty of this method is that you don't ACTUALLY have to memorize anything!! (It does require buying some tech kit and I will post some Amazon links soon if you feel like investing - I have no links with the companies involved but I do use the gadgets described)
Where possible, when I am speaking at various events around the world, I will chat with the organizers - the people responsible for booking and paying for great speakers. What I want to hear from THEM is: what makes a great speaker and what tips can they share my students. This was a quick chat with Steve Dobbins from Vistage in San Diego - here's what he had to say:
In this Bonus Lecture - I chat with one of the best Speaker Agents in the business. Martin Perelmuter has been in the business for over 25 years and knows exactly what it takes to match a great speaker with the right opportunity. But - for your mission to improve your skills as a Master Presenter, he will also share some great input and ideas on what is needed to truly excel on that stage.
I started by asking Martin - Can a speaker be truly influential?