Mastering Farsi (Dari) - From Alphabet to Daily Conversation
What you'll learn
- Comprehensive set of videos on the Farsi alphabet, with how to pronounce and write each letter
- A HUGE AMOUNT of Farsi words and conversational phrases: Greetings, introducing yourself, foods, shopping, getting directions, seeing doctor, weekdays and more!
- Pronunciation & reading exercise for every lesson
- Writing exercises for every lesson
- Explanation of grammar and forming sentences
- Supplementary material, including 200+ page book to keep your journey going!
- There are no previous knowledge of Farsi required as we will be starting from scratch and moving on to more advanced content in the same course. All you need really is a passion for learning a new language!
In this course you will begin learning Farsi (Dari) from the absolute basics; the alphabets. The first part of the course will help you master pronouncing each letter and be able to write it in all its forms. The second part will allow you to build your vocabulary, learn how to form phrases and understand some grammatical concepts.
From start to end, each lesson comes with a video based pronunciation and reading practice, as well as a writing exercise.
The Part 2 lessons will include the following:
Pronouns and introducing yourself
Introducing family members
The 5 W's and using them to ask questions
Seasons and talking about the weather
Prepositions and asking/giving directions
Numbers and shopping
Weekdays and talking about the time
Colours and talking about your likes/dislikes
Food names and requesting/offering phrases
Body parts and seeing the doctor
Future tense and talking about your tomorrow
Past tense and talking about yesterday
Who this course is for:
- Whether you would like to learn a new language or reconnect with your mother tongue from the basics, this course will be the right place to start from.
I am an engineer by profession and have an interest in education. I have been working as an instructor for primary and high school students, both voluntarily and as a side hustle. I am a trilingual in English, Farsi (Dari) and Korean. When I'm not working, I might be busy with one of: calligraphy, film or music.