Mastering Your First Leadership Position and Beyond
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Establish leadership credibility with your team
- Identify your team's strengths, weaknesses, and important focus areas
- Develop and implement an action plan to increase your team's performance
- There are no requirements for this course. Only a desire to lead and excel in your first leadership position.
This course teaches leaders and managers how to be successful from their first day as a leader. After taking the course, you will be able to do the following things:
Establish leadership credibility
Assess your team's performance
Set organizational goals
Lead your team to a successful outcome
I created this course because in my first leadership positions, I did not perform very well, and the reason for that was because I did not know what to focus on or what I needed to do to be successful. Looking back on my military and civilian leadership positions, I am going to share with you the lessons I've learned in this course about what you need to do as a new leader. The course is structured in 2 parts:
Part 1 provides a week-by-week framework for how to build your leadership skills in the first 30 days of your leadership position
Part 2 discusses additional leadership principles that are required to continue leading your team to a successful outcome
The principles in the course are derived from my personal experience of successfully leading military units as well as civilian organizations in the business and academic sectors. I am highly confident that if you follow the framework and put the course principles into practice, you will be a leader who people want to follow because you know how to guide your team to achieve their mission. And I know that, because I've done exactly what I'm teaching you.
The course is primarily made up of lectures that explain a concept, why it's important, and how to put it into practice. I also have created activities for you to apply the course principles to your leadership situation. I also provide checklists that you can download and take with you to remember what you learned. I strongly believe leadership is best learned by putting it into practice, and this course gives you many tools to do just that!
- First time leaders and managers with little or no leadership experience
- Recent undergraduate or postgraduate students about to enter a leadership position
- This course is designed for people new to leadership. Experienced leaders and managers will likely not obtain as much value from the material.