Mastering Work Measurement Techniques and Applications
What you'll learn
- You would learn the scope and objectives of Methods Study and Work Measurement.
- You would learn the Methods Study techniques and how to perfect the method.
- You would learn how to prepare time study sheets and do Stop Watch Time Study.
- You would learn the concept and method of doing Work Sampling Study..
- You would learn the concept and method of doing Pre-determined motion Time systems.
- You would understand how to make effective use of Standards in designing incentive schemes, manpower planning, Production Planning, assembly line balancing.
- You would learn monitoring performance through the use of production norms.
- Preferably should have working knowledge in a plant and a basic knowledge of Engineering.
This course shall teach the concepts and techniques of Work Measurement, which broadly consists of two parts, Methods Study and Time Study. Method study is concerned with the reduction of the work content of a job or the operation, while Time Study is mostly concerned with the investigation of any ineffective time associated with it. Method study and Time Study are closely linked and using both techniques, time standards are established for the operation when carried out in the improved method. After establishing the Standard times, these are used for a number of applications which shall be explained in this course.
Standard work means working on standards to produce correct and consistent results. It is considered a way to achieve the highest possible degree of consistency and reliability in any process. It aims to ensure that everything is done by everyone in the same way and in the best possible way.
Therefore, it is important to identify the right process steps and their right sequence and time frames before the implementation of standard work.
The standards developed by virtue of work measurement act as a pre-requisite for many important applications used in organizations. These will be explained one by one.
Before starting any new learning, it is always good to know a brief history and evolution of the same. So the course shall start with the evolution and history of method study and time study.
Who this course is for:
- Practicing Industrial Engineers and Time Study practitioners. Students pursuing course in Industrial Engineering and Work Measurement and those aspiring to work as Industrial Engineers. Working professionals looking for better career options. Senior executives like GM and even CEOs for refreshing their concepts.
Mr. M P Tyagi has been a top management professional with a brilliant academic carrier. He has worked in the corporate sector for more than 40 years. He has worked in top reputed companies in India in very senior positions, which were mostly brand leaders. He has worked in large manufacturing organizations and has in-depth experience of working in the field of Industrial Engineering, Operations, Quality Management, and Engineering. He retired as Executive Director of a reputed Multi-National Company. He is now taking advisory and consultancy assignments in organizations in the field of Quality and general management.
1. Worked as Management Representative when ISO 9001 was implemented in his company.
2. Past President of Management Association.
3. Past President of the regional chapter of the Indian Rubber Institute.
4. Was awarded by the Rotary Club for his Managerial Excellence.
5. Worked as Guest faculty in reputed Management Institutions in Quality Management and TQM.
6. He has written a number of papers in reputed Indian and international journals.
7. He has also started his own YouTube channel ‘MP Tyagi - Experience speaks’, where a number of videos have already been published focusing on professional growth.
8. He had the good fortune of meeting and interacting with Quality Guru Philip Crosby personally.