Mastering Wireshark 2
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand what network and protocol analysis is, and how it can help you
- Use Wireshark to capture packets in your network
- Filter captured traffic to only show what you need
- Find out about useful statistics displays to make it easier to diagnose issues
- Customize Wireshark to your own specifications
- Analyze common network protocols and common network application protocols
What are the major changes in Wireshark 2 and how are they helpful to you?
Learn the basics of TCP/IP, how packets are built and the resolution processes.
How does DNS work, what are some common issues with DNS and how do they look in Wireshark?
Learn the basics of UDP, a protocol that provides quick, connectionless communications.
Learn about common issues with DHCP, used to automatically address clients.
The aim of this video is to learn how to analyze POP and SMTP connections and packet structures.
In this video, you will learn how to run Wireshark from the command line and explore its options.
- This step-by-step tutorial on Wireshark 2 starts with capturing and filtering traffic and follows with analysis and statistics, as well as all the new features of Wireshark 2.
Wireshark is a popular and powerful tool used to analyze the amount of bits and bytes that are flowing through a network. Wireshark deals with the second to seventh layer of network protocols, and the analysis made is presented in a human readable form.
Through this video, you will gain expertise in securing your network using Wireshark 2. At the start of the video, you will be taught how to install Wireshark, and will be introduced to its interface so you understand all its functionalities. Moving forward, you will discover different ways to create and use capture and display filters. Halfway through the video, you’ll be mastering the features of Wireshark, analyzing different layers of the network protocol, and looking for any anomalies. You will also learn about plugins and APIs.
As you reach to the end of the course, you will be taught how to use Wireshark for network security analysis and configure it for troubleshooting purposes.
About The AuthorAndrew Crouthamel is an experienced Senior Network Engineer and IT trainer who resides in Doylestown, PA, and currently works with organizations such as NASA, ESA, JAXA, Boeing, and the US Air Force. His passion for teaching shows in his courses, which are filled with excitement and real world anecdotes.
- This video is for network administrators who have a basic knowledge of Wireshark and are now looking to master it.