Mastering Thymeleaf with Spring Boot
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn how to convert a HTML5 document to a Thymeleaf template
- Use Bootstrap CSS to build a basic web page
- Configure Spring MVC with Spring Boot to display Thymeleaf templates
- Externalize text values to properties files
- Use Spring Message bundles for internationalized text values
- Display POJO properties via a Thymeleaf template
- Iterate over lists to display tabular content
- Use Thymeleaf fragments for comment HTML components
- Display Spring validation messages using Thymeleaf
- Use the Thymeleaf Spring Security extension to show, or not show, content to users
- You should know HTML, CSS, and Java before starting this course
- Basic skills with Spring are very helpful. The focus of this course is on Thymeleaf and using Thymeleaf with Spring / Spring Boot. It is not specifically on Spring though.
Thymeleaf is a highly popular templating engine to use with Spring MVC to produce rich, and dynamic web pages.
Unlike other options available for Java and Spring Boot, Thymeleaf has a natural templating language - meaning you can view the templates right in your favorite browser.
Try doing that with JSP!
In this course you are guided step by step in building an ecommerce like web application using Thymeleaf, Spring MVC, and Spring Boot.
The focus of the course is on building web content with Thymeleaf. You start off the course building web pages using Bootstrap CSS. These are simple web pages you can view right in your browser. (No Spring Boot or Spring MVC - yet!) This is to give you a good overview of Bootstrap CSS, one of the most popular CSS frameworks in use today!
Next, you build the HTML for a product catalog website. Just the HTML to show a product listing and product detail pages.
Then we take your HTML pages and convert them into Thymeleaf templates. We add the templates into a Spring Boot application. Spring Boot will auto-configure Spring MVC to render the Thymeleaf templates under Tomcat.
You get to see how we transition the HTML documents from simple HTML, into Thymeleaf Templates for the Spring Boot application.
Using Spring MVC, you are able to start introducing dynamic content into the Thymeleaf templates.
From here you get to explore using Thymeleaf with Spring Boot.
You get hands on examples of:
- Externalizing Text properties
- Using Spring MVC Internationalization with Thymeleaf
- Using Thymeleaf Fragments for common page components.
- Leveraging Spring Boot Developer tools to speed up your development
- Rendering POJOs returned from Spring MVC under Thymeleaf
- Looping over lists in Thymeleaf
- Using Thymeleaf fragments with lists
- Thymeleaf expression syntax
- Spring MVC validation with Thymeleaf
- Using Spring Security with Thymeleaf
- How to show different content to logged in users vs anonymous users
While the course does use the Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, and Spring Security - these are not the primary topics of the course.
If you are a Spring Framework developer, used to JSPs (Java Server Pages) and wishing to get up to speed on Thymeleaf this is a perfect course for you! You'll never want to use JSPs again!
Even if you are not a Spring Framework developer, you will still get a lot out of this course! Thymeleaf is a powerful templating technology for Java and Spring. With Spring Boot it becomes very easy to develop rich dynamic content!
- Anyone who wants to learn how to use Thymeleaf with Spring
- No prior knowledge of Thymeleaf is required
- Ideal for Java developers wishing to learn more about Thymeleaf and Spring